Yet another Trimaran build

Hurts

I'm envious of the time you are allowed to allocate to this. You must be clocking up the hours and I'm impressed. I'd hate to see how big the list of IOU hours is though!

Looking forward to seeing you out on the water!

Hey Sam - Just got the painted main hull back from my brother. I'm quite pleased with how it looks. At the same time I delivered the floats to him for a repaint, hope to have it all together again fully assembled, painted and waterproof in a few weeks then I'll take it up to JT for the mast to be fitted. In the meantime I will work on the companionway and start putting on tracks and fittings - fun times!

How is the "mission" going - when are you likely to have a rig on?

dec2011_painted.jpg

dec2011_shiny.jpg

Hey Sam - Just got the painted main hull back from my brother. I'm quite pleased with how it looks. At the same time I delivered the floats to him for a repaint, hope to have it all together again fully assembled, painted and waterproof in a few weeks then I'll take it up to JT for the mast to be fitted. In the meantime I will work on the companionway and start putting on tracks and fittings - fun times!

S P U N K I E E E E - Bloody hell mate - that's a 'fcn-stnr' errr. WOW Well done, ciao, jj

Looking great Dean and I cant wait to see it out on the water.

Thanks for you kind words everyone, I can't wait either. I quietly pleased this summer has been so naff for cruising so far as I'm not missing much, not that it will be much of a cruiser initially. Unfortunately with the kids needing to be entertained all the time I'm not actually doing much work on the boat either - roll on the end of school holidays!!

She looks amazing, ill drop by for a look sometime. any idea how much weight the bog and paint put on?

The Mission is coming along (December is always a hard month to get much done), rig is Stealthily being finished in my garage with a fair bit poking out the window! We are going away this weekend for a bit of a "motor cruise" should be fun!

She looks amazing, ill drop by for a look sometime. any idea how much weight the bog and paint put on?

The Mission is coming along (December is always a hard month to get much done), rig is Stealthily being finished in my garage with a fair bit poking out the window! We are going away this weekend for a bit of a "motor cruise" should be fun!

I'm not sure how much weight has been put on - I fear the answer may be "too much". I'm guessing 40-50Kg but that is a wild guess. - I've completely lost track of what everything weighs by now I'm just trying to go as light as possible and hoping to be around that 900Kg mark, hopefully less so I have some scope to add some luxury items - like extra batterys etc for my power winch fantasy. Do you have a guess for what the mission will weigh in the end?

Have you chopped your rig down to 11 odd meters? - then you'll have less poking out the window ;-).

Further update - the fairing and painting are mostly over - hooray!! Thankfully my brother actually seems to enjoy that task. Now re-assembling it all again...

painted_side_view.jpg

Kids enjoying have a more complex shape to clamber over all the time. They especially enjoy walking around on the floats and beams and having it fold and unfold as their weight moves about...

climbing_frame.jpg

Looks a real weapon Dean. Are you sticking with the windowless look?

Yes no windows for now - I might cut some out later but it's not a priority right now. I've really done nothing with the interior at all, racing will be first priority and I have access to a cruising boat if I want to take the family out. If that situation changes then I'll get more focused on putting some comforts in.

I'm guessing I'll be ready to go sailing about 2 weeks to too late for the BMW unfortunately. Getting the rig put on has been delayed a bit and then that leads to a delay getting the sails started. It's a bugger really but it's probably wise to start with a bit of sailing unaccompanied, then a rum race or two and then some more serious stuff - rather than jumping straight into a big regatta for the very 1st sail, which would have been the situation if I pulled out all stops to make it for the BMW.

Archived