Simrad

Yep, we went out to try and learn something, we learned theat masthead gear in 28-30kn is a bit optimistic, so we changed to the fractional, bit less speed but more control, only wiped out another 2-3 times.

No 3 to come home so still don't have a sheeting position for the no 2, definitely a boat that would like a few BOOBOO'S on the rail, put in a reef as when overpowered went mostly sideways. Took a few tacks to get home as the breeze increased (Smithy claims he saw 40, I was too busy hanging on to the wheel), but steady 30's a lot of the time.

Got in before exhaustion set in and had a beer (gotta get some thinners for the Mount Gay), all in all a good day of practice, and all that speed cleaned the bottom. :D

Marshall Law:

Practice sail tick.

Try out genikers tick.

Wipe out with both MH and fractional Genikers? tick.

Will she go upwind in 30 to 40kn true? tick..

14.5kn downwind in 20kn with MH Geniker flat water? tick.

Great fun had by Smithy and Squid....

tsk, tsk, tsk .... doesn't sound like you boys were really trying. Only 2 wipeouts???? pshhht! ;)

Only 3 in our division. That's a big shame.

Anyone know why Result is in long haul. Is she doing RNZ?

4 in your div if you count the non farr one

maybe you lot should be in with the hanses

don't know about Result but was thinking the same thing

what would be good is to see what boat has been the most successful in ssanz from the very first race ssanz held , long races we did then you young guys wouldnt know about that, till the present day.

I was too busy hanging on to the wheel

Looks like you're bow bitch on your own boat too Smithy! Sail well boys, have fun. :thumbup:

Only cos Squid was looking a bit tired.. :D :D Looking forward to it!

can any one list what the original course were?...that i ear so much about....would be great if ssanz ran the longer courses alternatively during summer or some such ?

the middle distance race was: start Devonport wharf, Little and Great Barrier to stb, Channel to port finish Issy bay, raftup.

the long one was Poor Knights to Stb, Cuvier Island Stb, Channel etc, can't remember the raftup

can any one list what the original course were?...that i ear so much about....would be great if ssanz ran the longer courses alternatively during summer or some such ?

Agreed! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Fair winds to all sailing today... looking at the forecast wx on SOL http://www.sailonline.org it looks to be pleasantly breezy!

SOL is buddied up with SSANZ for this one so if anyone has to remain land-bound for the race don't forget there is a pretty darn good simulation of it on SOL!!

BTW does anyone know of a good webcam that might catch the start or that part of the water? I've been looking for Auckland Harbour webcams and knot having much success!!

Anyone with an AIS Tracker?

Nothing SOLers like more than picking up good info about the real race they are buddied with!!

Ciao folks!!

Well we thought we had a good day on truxton.

Beat the voltage,river rebel and sharpie our usual competition.

No drama's no bad gybes or drops.

Boat went well the whole way around and felt good.

Watched all the 38- 46ft boats smash us all the way home from the bottom but whats new.

My pick of the boats was gale force holding there own up wind and looking tidy..

AND Nosaka. I didn't even know they were on the race course they were so far ahead. New keel and rudder doing the business on the 40fter.

Those white 40's are fast anyway but that one has masthead gear (whitebait doesn't)and the new fins should be considerably better than what was hanging there.

Also Coppelia sailed right past us close to leward and looked more like a freight train so well done.

3 downwind legs for the next race please.

Archived