selling centerboarder cruiser to aussies

I am selling my beloved VIA 42 aluminium centerboarder.

That's a really popular design in europe :P , but not well known in Australia :thumbdown: .

Of course for those who are tempted by the dark side of the force (catamarans), but can't give up monohull (like me) that is THE solution, with only 3 feet draft

But for the others? :wtf:

Has anybody an idea how to present the advantages of these aluminium boats to aussies acustumed to plastic keels?

details on the boat here : http//via42forsale.blogspot.com

Michel

Funny you should post today, just got off the phone to a friend in Whangarei, was looking at an OVNI so I told him about yours, he may be in touch.

You are right, the VIA42 is an OVNI like boat.

Like the OVNIs they have huge inner space, small draft and robust hull design.

VIA were build in the 80's in small number, they were top of the market at this date.

The main design differences are :

shape of the hull : round on VIA, shine hull on OVNIs

thickness of alloy : 12/6mm on VIA, 6(?)/4 mm on Ovnis

one centerboard for OVNIs, two for the VIAs

crash box concept for Vias

foldable hung rudder for OVNIs, shorter rudder with a fletner for the VIAs, with a protection of rudder foot.

(drawings here : http://via42forsale.blogspot.com/2011/0 ... wings.html )

Our Via42 was in Whangarei last year (but wasn't for sale at this time)

The Via has interesting size and positioning of the centreboards, oposite to the norm. My Trismus (round bilge) has the main (large board) just aft of the mast, the smaller one is directly under the cockpit, considerably further aft than on the Via. It is brilliant when running before the wind and assists with balancing the helm.

I had a good snoop on board two OVNI's in Sri Lanka, a 38 and a 42? or thereabouts. Very impressed with the concept, thus was intrigued by this VIA (hadn't heard of it before), if it were two years from now I would be looking very closely. Love the idea of shallow draft/centreboards, and being able to balance out twin boards.

I wrote an email to Michel yesterday from the airport, to ask some more details, regarding the Via. Had never heard of a Via before, have been main :Ply looking at OVNI's. Looking forward to his reply.

Archived