Yacht sinks

wheels

A yacht sank off Kapiti coast last night.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/3474836 ... on-sinking

The TV news this morning incorrectly stated it was 25m. When I heard it i though wow that's huge and no ordinary yacht. So I went to "Stuff" and found it was only 7.6m. Just what they mean by "last night", I am not sure. But quite why they were close enough to strike rocks off that part of the coast I am not sure.

first I've, heard of it, but it sounds more like they hit the reef at Mana, its usually difficult to hit rocks and then sink in 22 metres around here....

Off the coast of Plymerton apparently. How far north of Mana is that Grant?

plimmerton basically is mana, its just to the north of the reef and mana is south, more or less

Is that opposed to parked yachts for example Mr Big T :twisted: :lol:

I'll shut up about now, I just remembered the tiny crew member that was aboard :lol: :lol:

What is it with the southern dudes. They seem to run a 'if it's there I'll smack into it' programme. Been a few shockers in the last year or 2.

Knot Me, you will be quite safe after next Monday - he's back to England to start the Match racing tour again. And if you think he's big and fit, he is in total awe of the likes of Craig Monk and Rob Wardell - in the gym with them and he has a long way to go. And he gives them a year or two.

I think some dude called Neil will be happy to hear that news. Bloody funny watching when he realised who, or more the size of, he was 'chatting with' :lol: :lol:

What is it with the southern dudes. They seem to run a 'if it's there I'll smack into it' programme.

Nah it's that Breed em tough "get the Feck outta my way, i'm coming through" Southern Man mentality. Every now and then we forget we aren't God and the Rocks won't actually move. But everything else will :wink: :lol:

Archived