Something new on the harbour

"the kid" some chined thing that was going like stink and had a bunch of guys wearing the same gear on board bar a few guests. no photos sorry we were going the other way with a fractional genniker up.

52 or 54 ft i think it said

We call this the JPD 54 as it is designed by Jean Pierre Dick.

Its a 54' but very much like an open 60.

Has all Hall Spars on it.

Actually a Guillaume Verdier cruiser/racer design for Jean-Pierre Dick based on his Open 60 experience on Paprec-Virbac. Nice shot of her sailing at speed here:

http://www.guillaumeverdier.com/index.p ... e-Dick.../

More here:

http://www.absolute-dreamer.com/en/bate ... -jpd54.php

Some really different thinking from the usual particularly the interior and the center carousel which rotates 180 degrees and moves 500kg of galley,navigation station, batteries and hydraulic system to weather.

Before somebody works it out ... that's only a simulated image on the designers web site, not a real pic....... although down below the actual interior is identical to the graphics portrayed.

"the kid" some chined thing that was going like stink and had a bunch of guys wearing the same gear on board bar a few guests. no photos sorry we were going the other way with a fractional genniker up.

52 or 54 ft i think it said

Only one 'unintentional' guest - me - who was down below taking photos when they cast off. LOL...

can think of worse things than being boatnapped on this yacht!

(...but must have looked fairly weird to have a kitted up sailing crew and one sheila in a dress!!!)

The rest were crew/team, plus 3 representatives from the build team.

Only one 'unintentional' guest - me - who was down below taking photos when they cast off. LOL...

can think of worse things than being boatnapped on this yacht!

(...but must have looked fairly weird to have a kitted up sailing crew and one sheila in a dress!!!)

Can we see the photos?

Rocket will wet his pants. That looks like end-boom sheeting and bridle on a 54 footer?

In the last pic on the link referred to by Elly it seems to be the case?

Pretty mean bit of kit.

Archived