Birdsall Plans

Hi Recently I purchased a Birdsall Gulf 30, and I now would like a set of Plans for her.

I'm told Birdsall's Daughter who lives in Auckland has all the plans, does anyone know how to get hold of her?

Thanks for you help

Cheers

Roy

Beau wasn't know for his detailed plans, but you might have some luck with the Gulf 30 being more than a one off. We have a 37 and haven't been able to come up with any plans, and we know the builder, but we where able to come up with lots of information about our boat.

What information are you after? if you can't find plans we might be able to point you in the right direction for the details you need.

Hey, Thanks for this.

I'm attempting to put my boat into survey, so I can use her as a sail training vessel.

Thus requiring plans. Otherwise I need to get someone to draw plans.

Cheers

Roy

For a 37 you could try Neil Gillard at Sika products in Avondale he built one years ago and may still have plans. My Dad had a early 37 (Kaharoa ) a sister to Venus. and the inlaws had a 30 Coel Na Mara

Neil built Focal Point and then also modified it with a beautifully built stern extension. He doesn't own it now but it's been a Weiti boat for many years.

Sorry guys don't have those specific plans around. Have the larger steel cruising yachts. Due to my grandfather on Dads side building one before Beau passed.

Plans for the Rhubarb are a bit of a mystery. You'd might be lucky on those ones.

The Gulf 30, as mentioned above, Rachel Upton is your best bet, you can probably contact her through the RNZYS, otherwise PM me and I'll sort your out with her mailing address.

Hi all,

I have spoken to Rachel Upton, she has plans for many boats, and even know of my one by name. She is looking through the filing system for the gulf 30 plans, and will get back to me in a few days. So thanks for the advice.

Have fun on the water

Roy

7 hours ago, Irefuse2 said:

I know this is a really old thread but I thought I'd try ....looking for the plans and any information for Shinatu (original name ) a Birdsall 60 later made into a 65 with a stainless steel suger scoop extension 

there was a guy down in Whakatane (or maybe Ohope) who built several Birdsall steelies, met him a couple of times can't remember his name. 

• Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, marinheiro said:

there was a guy down in Whakatane (or maybe Ohope) who built several Birdsall steelies, met him a couple of times can't remember his name. 

There was one in Opua with a ginormous sugar scoop , dunno if it was stainless though 

• Upvote 1
9 minutes ago, marinheiro said:

Dave Molesworth, he is still around, a friend has 1 of his steelies, Pigiron a circumnavigator.

• Upvote 1
40 minutes ago, Steve Pope said:

Dave Molesworth, he is still around, a friend has 1 of his steelies, Pigiron a circumnavigator.

That's him, when I changed my engine and prop out in 2005, he bought the old controllable pitch prop from me and fitted it to the 12m Bakewell White design he built for himself

• Upvote 1