SIMRAD updates

candela

Wow - didn't seem like anyone was anticipating that from the pre-race banter that was going on.

Is it looking like that all the way round the track or just within the harbour? Pretty fresh here - in fact almost exactly like Cameron was predicting last night in the other thread.

Just got a message off my boat Candela

"Downhaul F#$Ked, spinnaker riped, approaching rakino at 8knts. Miles ahead of Top Knot though"

I guess we will be using the old kite tomorrow for BBYC :)

Just got a message off my boat Candela

"Downhaul F#$Ked, spinnaker riped, approaching rakino at 8knts. Miles ahead of Top Knot though"

Yeah baby that's more like it. :thumbup:

We were alongside Coppelia at the bottom end, saw them switch headsails and wondered, but as they headed across to Motuihe it proved they had got it absolutely right as we dragged the heavy no 1 around and steadily slipped behind. They did sail extremely well.

More later when I wake up.

Wasnt a good day on the mercenary sadly. Had a good trip to the bottom, got through that light spot pretty well with the new code zero (FYI furler works a treat thanks Beau Marine) When we finally got that breeze we had big green masthead gennaker on an sat on 9-10 knots the whole way to the bottom, was a good ride. Went around Passage rock just behind rattle n rum and watched the DDF boys cut it a bit fine!

We got called water by Geralder the Giant Slayer, and watched our depth jump to having 300mm under the keel :shock:

Then coming back up wind we were holding on ok with the number 1 on very over powered. When i got struck with a massive migraine, an alergic reaction to the Antibiotics i got put on the night before for my Flu (FYI dont start antibiotics the day before a simrad race - DUMB IDEA!) So i was out for a while. Handed the helm to Rob (tits) and jumped on the rail to sleep it off, After 5 minutes the vomitting came so we figured it was a good idea to get me to A n E and fast. Sails down, motor on and off to the doctors i go to get drugged up.

A pity because we were going pretty well and wanted the result. But there is always next race :-) Hat goes off to Rob for handling the boat in whats supposed to be a two handed race - single handed while i was quietly dying!

Archived