Anyone got an old Windsurfing Board......

Piewarmer

Been trying my hand at a bit of windsurfing lately. My mate has leant me his gear while he’s overseas but I haven’t quite mastered it yet.

Problem is, it’s all nice kit, but the board is a little to advanced for me. It’s only 130 litres and I’m sure it would be fast if I could stay up on it but it’s a little bit small to learn on at 90kg.

So I’ve been trying to find an old Mistral board or Malibu to cut my teeth on, something around 200 litres. The rig and sails I have are perfect so just need to find a good board to finish it off.

Problem is, having a bit of trouble trying to find something. Trade me doesn’t have a whole bunch of options so was wondering if anyone might have something laying around under the house or in the back shed that might not get used as much as it use too that would be keen to sell.

Cheers

I have a humungous mistral, you could have the board and rig complete for $200. Hang on it might be a blake. big anyway. you could float the family on it.

Hey Pie man, Im looking at upgrading my kit as we speak, Happy to sell either board and 4.5m sail and mast, or sell just board. Its a bic Calypso, Good learner board, taught myself on it. Has centre board and is still skinny enough to get up and go.

Have attached photo.

Chris

021 746 129

biccalyp1.JPG

Hay guys.

Cheers for the replies!!!!!!!

I have an offer of a freebie which im gonna check out tomorrow night, if it's a bit of a shitter i might take up one of your offers.

How much you reckon Marshy for just the board?

if you want to learn and fast, skip the old gear, and jump straight onto a wide board.

Instead of spending most of your time floundering, you will be sialing 90% of the time. Also wide boards plane in like 10 knots or less with a big enough rig.

You can try one at Lake Poo, er, Pupuke. A starboard Go, starboard start, that sort of thing. close to 1m wide.

FLick a 7m or 8m rig on that and get cracking.

Check trademe for a few.

Id suggest you get a lesson or two first at Mad Loop windsurf school Sylvan park, Lake Pupuke, they can have you up and sailing in no time and also give you heaps of helpful advice on what kind of board will best suit your size and style.

You also get to try out lots of different kinds of boards/sail combinations before you buy one of your own, some of the old cheapies on tradme are just shitters only good for making interesting bookcases.

Not there over easter weekend but are there from 12ish - 7 every day except mondays, it pays to book in advance.

hahaha, dude if you thought that was bad, you should have seen my fishing!

Went down to the point Monday morning to try and catch breakfast. Had more chance of snagging a sea gull with a wayward cast than a fish!!!!

you should have come out, the weather was spot on!

Nice little endorsement there Voom :thumbup:

Do your bit for Alan, have to agree though. Try before you buy!!

See you on the water, chance of a sail on the GBE again sometime?

Archived