i14 single handed

Sheez that looks like fun.

The prod looks 3/4 the length of the boat! I suppose that is what you get in classes with an 'unlimited' spinnaker size rule.

Only the rules of physics apply, altho it looks like it defies these as well :)

thanks guys. once all the lead correctors come out, crack repaired just aft of the mainsheet bridle, small cracks in the bow from stones flying up while it was on the truck and a section of the mast track carboned back on she'll be all go :D oh and im dropping the beach trolley in at the riggers on monday to get a few cracks in the welds repaired.

Sounds like you need to put a bottle of rum where your mouth is. You are welcome to come to the asc and whip us in a race. I will gladdly pay your entry fee for the day and take the bottle of rum off you at the end of the it.

Fairly sure every time a i14 has tried that bet they have lost Russel? One thing about Kiwis is they like sailing fast boats they can tweak. Hence the 12's have always done well and the i14's dropped off. The 12's are faster, harder to sail and just generally more out of control! :lol: :lol:

Fairly sure every time a i14 has tried that bet they have lost Russel? One thing about Kiwis is they like sailing fast boats they can tweak. Hence the 12's have always done well and the i14's dropped off. The 12's are faster, harder to sail and just generally more out of control! :lol: :lol:

Rubbish

The 12's are a faster than an i14 on their big rig and also dead downwind they can be faster.

We raced i14's against 12's for many years and rarely got beaten.

a 14 will smack a 12 upwind once the 14 is powered up (10 knots or more), and especially they murder 12's on Olympic Triangles because the 14 reaches a lot better.

Jordan has said his boat is faster than a 12.

He is right, it is.

He did not say he could sail his boat faster than you guys sail your 12's.

I'd bet that he couldn't do that as well.

But I'd bet Jordan and his crew in a 14 are faster than him and his crew in your 12,

but that is very hard to measure.

Yardsticks are regularly produced in England and Australia, both countries sail 12's and 14's.

I've never seen a yardstick number that puts the 12's faster than the 14's.

Guest Saturday Night Special

This argument is quite easy to Prove , Russ you got a spare season? Because thats what it takes .

1 You have to get 2 crews of equal ability ( Thats hard in itself)

2 You sail the 14 for half a season and then switch to the 12 for the other half

3 Olympic Triangles for half the season then ASC harbour couses for the other half

4 Acumulate winning times from all race's over that season . boat with largest total winning time over all is

THE FASTEST BOAT.

so who's got a spare season ?

well of course you would beat us russell, ive never sailed the bloody thing before! you can never beat water line length. id put up a bottle of rum if a pair of good i14 sailors squared off against some good 12fter sailors. because the 14 would be faster around the track. the gains are made upwind, knot down. hence why ac boats (when it was raced in real yachts) were upwind orientated

Guest Saturday Night Special

Jordan the Ac boats became upwind orientated becaus they changed from a z course to sausages because of sponsorship pressure.have a look at the nzl20 down by where you work its still deemed to be the fastest all round ac boat.

are you always a dick or did you just stick your tampon in the wrong hole? i really couldnt give a toss which boat is faster, i brought this so i could go out and have alot of fun. knot so i could show everyone how big my cock is and spout off about how many other boats im faster than. i'll leave my bragging to the finish line.

are you always a dick or did you just stick your tampon in the wrong hole?

:lol: :lol:

That's up there with "I'm only this fat cos yo momma gives me a cookie everytime I get off her."

Out of interest, what's your prod made of, carbon? and what diameter?

yep its all carbon, rig, wings, prod, foils etc. the hull is a kevlar/carbon hyrbid. the prods tapered the whole way from about 70mm to 100mm ish. the taper stops at about 9ft, so they 400mm that stays inside the boat is about 100mm dia.

crickey jordan! no wonder everyone gave you sh*t on one of the other threads!

what is this about

are you always a dick or did you just stick your tampon in the wrong hole? i really couldnt give a toss which boat is faster, i brought this so i could go out and have alot of fun. knot so i could show everyone how big my cock is and spout off about how many other boats im faster than. i'll leave my bragging to the finish line.

You were the one that brought up about which boat is faster with this comment

if i wanted good class racing i would of bought a laser. this is way faster than a 12 anyway

I think you need to pull your head in and stop abusing those that were trying to stick up for you like nzrat. good on you for trying stuff but you are seriously in need of some life lesons!

tim things have moved on a long way from back in 1997 when you sailed 14's. can't compare the new generation i14's as they have all that tee foil stuff hapening. Against those old I14's todays 12's would smack them around the course.

she aint no 3.7 luke, its knot as simple as jumping in and going for the first sail in any double digit knots of breeze cause unfortunately i dont earn $85 an hour.

Archived