LBYC RUM REGATTA 18TH APRIL

Young Mr Reid

the monkey business will be there if the sailing instructions allow!

according to the instructions at the moment sports boats have to sail under trailer yacht rules.. So you can dump some of the lead off the bulb and capsize more... but you have to add a cabin and some bunks

the sponsors are there to create something special, so to do this lets get boats from RPNYC and go for it. I would love to see Flying Fish, Eat My Shorts, and Floating Free, and Paul and the Circus team, so come on over.

Would be great to see Mr Saint, although you have created a wee problem!

Which vessel is Young Mr Reid going to sail on?

Something fast, or something slow and boring? :lol: :lol:

I'm just starting to put together the RPNYC programme for next season, so although it is a mile away, do you have the date yet for next year's LBYC regatta?

Sail Wellington Regatta is probably the end of Feb again (has been for the last three years). Contact Judy (Vice Commodore) or Brent (Sailing Secretary) for confirmation. PM me if you don't have their contact details. I don't think we do our calendar for a while as our season runs Jan-Dec.

Would be great to see Mr Saint, although you have created a wee problem!

Which vessel is Young Mr Reid going to sail on?

Something fast, or something slow and boring? :lol: :lol:

Just read the notice of race, seems like I'm not eligible to race without a few changes.

3.1 The Regatta will offer the following racing divisions for registration:

(a) Combined Divisions 1,2 and open

(B) Combined Cruising Division (no spinnakers)

5.1 To be eligible to enter and compete a boat must:

(a) be a self-righting monohull yacht, trailer yacht, or multihull and

(B) be registered with a club affiliated to YNZ and

© be in the charge of a financial member of a club affiliated to YNZ.

10.4 For the LBYC Rum Regatta:

(a) The Divisions Open, 1 & 2, races will be scored in General Handicap and Line Honours.

(B) The Commodores Division will be scored in General Handicaps and Line Honours.

© The number of races required to constitute the Regatta for each division will be one.

11.1 Prizes will be awarded to 1st on Line, 1st, 2nd and 3rd on handicap in each division.

Inclusion of an open division would allow the faster sport boats and multihulls to enter and race within the appropriate division.

Mr Saint, have a word in the ear of your crew member. I'm sure he can talk to a few people and resolve any issues. I understand they would like as many entries as possible at this regatta.

Mr Saint, have a word in the ear of your crew member. I'm sure he can talk to a few people and resolve any issues. I understand they would like as many entries as possible at this regatta.

I'll be having a word to him too, and have emailed those organising the event. To not have the tri (and Monkey Business of course) would be a travesty indeed. I am sure we can work something out.

I have had the heads up that theren is going to be 2 Shaw 650s coming plus a young 11 and a stratus 747, and a ross 930 from RPNYC, that would be great is there any others because we promise for this to be a good day out.

5.1 To be eligible to enter and compete a boat must:

(a) be a self-righting monohull yacht, trailer yacht, or multihull and

Do we have something special going on here? A self-righting multihull.

The lads in Auckland should be looking hard at your boat as all theirs stay the wrong way up when they cock it up :lol: :lol:

This is one way of saying you want all boats including multihulls, but then excluding them.

Could be an interesting regatta. I hear the fleet politics is in full flight with 1020's trying to fix their handicaps by withdrawing from races, so they can burgle the regatta by not getting a handicap recalculation.

About time LBYC provided results on PHRF for visiting boats.

Not all the 1020's Herdy, you know I always play fair, and so is Cosmic.

Yes, we had a long discussion at the last Sailing Committee meeting about 'self righting multi hulls' !!!!!

Yes we know some of you play fair. Just interesting how far boats and crews will go to try and fix a burgling handicap. Seems to be being lead by some people that have committee positions to ensure a fair competition for all.

Archived