LBYC RUM REGATTA 18TH APRIL

Young Mr Reid

:? You don't know how many people have said that to me today ! A hornets nest has been stirred up, and hopefully we will have a decent outcome for everyone who believes in acting in a 'Proper sportsmanlike manner' as one person put it. I am Race Officer this weekend, and will do my best to ensure you all enjoy your racing. Have just contacted Matt, he's all go, and hope the tri comes over for a play - you are most welcome. Hey, I'd even let KM compete !! :lol:

If the Reptile and KM are coming down to win some run, we would definitely have some great Ross 930 racing on the water.

KM what are you up to this weekend??

Love to come and play lads but the rebuild is on. Trying to get out changed and back in for the Simrad.

And besides, as Herdy mentioned, I'd hate to take all the rum :)

So, what is it with this Rum Regatta that makes everyone get all serious?

And I knew you Wellington types were struggling to find a jaffa you thought you could beat, but really KM? Have you people no self respect (silly question)

RUM RUM RUM !!!! Turn up and you will find out.

We have some great prizes to award, including a very special one from Margrain Winery, an all inclusive weekend away with them. Firth Industries and many other sponsors will help cap off a great days racing. :D

So, what is it with this Rum Regatta that makes everyone get all serious?

I would have thought that the regatta name gave it away - $1500 of rum rumoured to be up for grabs is guaranteed to get us serious.

We would love KM to come down and sail with us, as we don't think there will be any other 930s coming out to play. A few 88s though ...

In the end common sense prevailed. There was no withdrawl from the race. The results stood as they were and the handicap will be adjusted accordingly. Lesson learnt. End of story!

This is one way of saying you want all boats including multihulls, but then excluding them.

Could be an interesting regatta. I hear the fleet politics is in full flight with 1020's trying to fix their handicaps by withdrawing from races, so they can burgle the regatta by not getting a handicap recalculation.

About time LBYC provided results on PHRF for visiting boats.

And I knew you Wellington types were struggling to find a jaffa you thought you could beat, but really KM? Have you people no self respect (silly question)

Hey calm down Data Lord. They want hard competition hence picking me, quite understandable really I think. If they wanted soft I'm sure some jafa would fit the bill, sadly I'm knot, never have been and never will be a jafa, Super Shitty or knot.

1500 notes worth of rum..... Had to slap myself when I saw that, I thought I was asleep and dreaming. That's a magnificent effort even if bloody dangerous :)

I'll get down there one day and we'll see won't we...... he says knot really having any idea of whose butt will be booted if any at all. Akl then turn right at Cape Colville and then just follow the coast until you see Cook Straight ferries I believe the course is. Doesn't seen that tricky as long as I miss the big lump sticking out 1/2 way down. Doing a practice run in a 60fter in a few weeks :thumbup:

Akl then turn right at Cape Colville and then just follow the coast until you see Cook Straight ferries I believe the course is. Doesn't seen that tricky as long as I miss the big lump sticking out 1/2 way down. Doing a practice run in a 60fter in a few weeks :thumbup:

No no you have the course wrong - Akl then turn left at North Cape is the better way to go, but you still have a big lump sticking out on that coast too, at least it has a mountain on the top of it.

And we will drink some rum for you I am sure.

Been that way a few times before Splash and it's a tad boring now. The dude on the oil rig who keeps trying to talk me into putting in gas at home excluded. He/they are a fun way to fill in the tiny hours before sunrise :)

Only done the East Coast once and as a 'bitch' so time to do it as the boss I think :thumbup:

Times like this I wish I had a centreboarder. Big trailer behind the Landtractor and be there in no time...... maybe even in time to scrap the dreggs out of a rum bottle :)

Well of course there's nothing I'd enjoy more than to help out my fellow bloke / blokette, even Wellington ones, but really is there any point?

I mean, parliament doesn't meet on weekends, they'll be no hot air blowing out the Beehive, no cold southerly Antarctic air being sucked in at 60kts to replace it, no wind, no sailing, even us jaffas can only manage to sail in no air when we're north of the Bombays. I could come down and teach you how to walk on water instead, would that help?

Have afun one people, is it a one or two day event?

Archived