Trailer Sail Box

I'm looking for a 2.5metre long sail box for my Hobie trailer.

Anyone know where I can get one in Auckland ?

Thanks

Bunnings!.... ply wood / timber / glue / screws. :thumbup:

or one of those roof rack Co's for a roof rack box. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Try a rotational molding place. They may knot be making trailer boxes as such but have something that is the same or bloody close. Ask for a second, you just never know.

The last one I did was the STS ply and glue method. Worked fine and was handy to sleep in when on tour and sober enough to find the way back to the Yachtie :)

Thanks

I had a look at some of the roof carriers but they are typically too short. I met a guy at the beach yesterday who had a fiberglass box (he called it a sail coffin) which he thought was locally made, but he didn't know where.

A ply box or a piece of plastic culvert pipe is the backup plan...

Thanks

I had a look at some of the roof carriers but they are typically too short. I met a guy at the beach yesterday who had a fiberglass box (he called it a sail coffin) which he thought was locally made, but he didn't know where.

A ply box or a piece of plastic culvert pipe is the backup plan...

:thumbup: :wtf: a basketball players coffin :thumbup: :D :D

I see why plywood is looking attractive, I priced a piece of 300mm plastic pipe at Mastertrade. They want $215 per metre ex GST !!!

Thats cheap! a wing mirror for a ford Falcon is $500 smackers!

just the Glass mirror is $100.

You can liberate that 300mm pipe from building / new subdivision sites for free!... just say your a certain ethnic race and know Hone! :wtf: :wink:

I drove past miles of it the other day.

P.s. forget a hacksaw and buy a portable butane gas torch/solder tool to cut it.

if you go the plastic pipe route try RD1 etc and ask for rural culvert pipe. same sizing as mastertrade would have tried to sell you, but made from regrind pvc.

they still make huge margins for that stuff, as above is best to find an offcut in need of liberating.

(not sure if a butane torch is going to do much more than make a mess. If its PE use a chain saw, carefully, if its PVC a hand saw like you'd use on timber)

I have a fibreglass sail box that may sell for the right price, 3000mm long, 400mm wide, 300 high. It has a red fibreglass lid and white base. The gel coat on the lid is tired and faded but a cut and polish would tidy it up.

I have PM'd you my contact details if interested.

Archived