This Weekend's Achievements

Had our north shore champs at Takapuna on Saturday and Sunday. Wasn't my best result but had alot of fun with a good turn out of 9 boats on both days.

On the Saturday we had a light Northerly sea breeze of around 10kts with Derek Scott taking out all four races.

Sunday came with more wind of up to 15kts with less sun and a bigger NE swell. this provided much more fun with full wire reaches for the light buggers.

top three places after two days of racing

1st- Derek Scott

2nd- Phil Ash

3rd- Mike Jones

Photos to come.

Also met Richard B down there aswell! :thumbup:

Went Jav sailing on Sunday ............................... and nearly ran down some 3.7's :lol: :lol:

Shoulda come and said hello! :thumbup: but not run the slow red boat down in the process...

Now.. was you the boat that couldnt get the black gennaker up properly or the one with the white one blasting along at sh%#ing your pants speed?

You wouldn't have wanted us that close to you as the dudes aboard haven't sailed a skiff for a combined total of 37 years. So can you now pick which boat we were? :lol: :lol:

Pulled the kite up the 1st time only to find it's got some silly ball that caught on the shrouds. Got over that and got rocking only to have the tiller extension fall off in my hand OH CRAP!!!!!! but made a good save and didn't go tits up. We had a few teething issues but also had a ball so given sail or 2 more we'll come right. In a straight line we weren't slower than the white kite and they have sailed Javs no stop for a decade so pretty happy about that bit. So we have decided are dangerous on any course that doesn't have any rounding marks as changing direction is still causing the odd issue :lol: :lol: :lol:

You wouldn't have wanted us that close to you as the dudes aboard haven't sailed a skiff for a combined total of 37 years. So can you now pick which boat we were? :lol: :lol:

Pulled the kite up the 1st time only to find it's got some silly ball that caught on the shrouds. Got over that and got rocking only to have the tiller extension fall off in my hand OH CRAP!!!!!! but made a good save and didn't go tits up. We had a few teething issues but also had a ball so given sail or 2 more we'll come right. In a straight line we weren't slower than the white kite and they have sailed Javs no stop for a decade so pretty happy about that bit. So we have decided are dangerous on any course that doesn't have any rounding marks as changing direction is still causing the odd issue :lol: :lol: :lol:

Maybe it needs another ball.... :twisted:

Finally....almost....finished the Galley. It's usable and that's the main thing. First 2 pics is what the Old switchboard looked like. The other two is of the upgrade. Pilot house is still needing a good clean up and then I will post some pics of what that looks like.

My Photos 233.jpg

My Photos 237.jpg

And how it looks now...kind of. I have finished off more of the trim and fitted the Gas detector, but don't have an updated pic. But you get the idea. So I now have a far better fridge box. Bigger and far better insulation. The Califont is now in the Galley instead of out on the Pilot house.

P1010020.JPG

P1010021.JPG

Moments before I, in all my teenage wisdom, decided to grind carbon in only stubbies and a straw hat. I think I got pretty badly sun burnt, cause lying in bed that night was extremely itchy and uncomfortable.

post-10268-14188721588.jpg

Moments before I, in all my teenage wisdom, decided to grind carbon in only stubbies and a straw hat. I think I got pretty badly sun burnt, cause lying in bed that night was extremely itchy and uncomfortable.

Ha ha!

In a moment of stupidity I bought a new project boat. Wild Thing is going to have a sibling to play with!