This Weekend's Achievements

Went Hartley 16 racing on the Manukau. What a massive pile of fun it was and in a spot I haven't sailed for many a decade. Twas thirsty work so you could imagine the joy when I went into the Club afterwards to find they served beer in those old school quart bottles. KM was like a pig in pooh all afternoon.

Must say some of those H16's have string sails also most have more harken gear and carbon on them than my 930.

That mob could teach many on the Waitimata a lot about the real meaning of good fun cheap yachting and racing. They haven't got themselves all wrapped up in the wank that seems to infest a lot of the northern ditch.

Got Wild Thing back from the BOI. 16 hour trip all up. Got a surprise just around Brett when the bunk hatches appeared to be floating downstairs! On closer inspection it turns out we had a leak in the outboard well and we were taking on a lot of water. A top came off a fuel can and we added a bit of fuel to the 200L of water sloshing around. Bailed that out over a few hours and did some spewing. and haven't felt right since! Looking forward to the Route 66!

Thanks to Luke & Stephen for your help on the trip back.

Stephen C? If so, boats taking on water is becoming a habit.

Got Wild Thing back from the BOI. 16 hour trip all up. Got a surprise just around Brett when the bunk hatches appeared to be floating downstairs! On closer inspection it turns out we had a leak in the outboard well and we were taking on a lot of water. A top came off a fuel can and we added a bit of fuel to the 200L of water sloshing around. Bailed that out over a few hours and did some spewing. and haven't felt right since! Looking forward to the Route 66!

Thanks to Luke & Stephen for your help on the trip back.

Stephen C? If so, boats taking on water is becoming a habit.

But this time i wasnt the one doing the bailing :D :D :D Thanks for the trip WT as I had a great time.

Lifted the boat out and did the antifouling, zincs and silicone paint job on the prop and shaft. (competing DIY product to propspeed) A big thank you to my Dad and a fine upstanding forumite who gave me a hand.

Revisited trying to blow a pussy to bits with large quantities of fireworks, which failed again so off to M10 and brought a chainsaw. That pussy is now sliced diced and on the barbie.

Made the mistake of doing Tamaki Dr at around 11am. The biggest Fail of the day.

What sort of chain saw did you get?

I have a Pioneer 620s and a liitle Sthil aborist chiansaw.

The little one is good for harvesting avos via the chainsaw method - the pioneer is a bit heavy for me when 20-30ft up a tree.

Since my weekends tend to occur midweek - drove to OPua tues arvo, got off the mooring around 5pm. Fast reach/run to Cape Brett , then just able to lay course down the coast in 25-30kn SW. 3 miles from Tuts rain and a shift to bring the wind hard on the nose prompted a decision to anchor for the rest of the evening. Got up Wed morning , breeze down to 20kn but still hard on the wind, sloppy leftovers so very slow. Finally freed up around Sail Rk then a fast slide to Whangaparaoa.

Z29 at Gulf Harbour and open for inspection Friday from 5pm- 9pm.

Put my awesome Piedy back in the water! Now the mighty Ratz is up the Te Atatu creek. She seems to have some structural issues and is currently sinking at the rate of 2L per hour! :clap: :lol:

Photo0416a.jpg

I can’t believe you guys are having a laugh at the expense of my fine classic sailing yacht.

But if you must know, she's been converted to a schooner rigged kite ship.

Ratz is piedy #3, 1967 I think. So she would qualify as far as I can tell. There's been debate as to the piedy's classic status. She'll definitely meet the required rot percentage to be a classic. She has that authentic 'classic' smell also.

I tell you, It’s a real laugh to experience how differently people deal with you when you rock up in a dirty old Piedy. With the nice shiny WT it’s usually: “Wow nice boat, look at all the carbon etc” With the piedy it was: “you can’t park there, we don’t care if you’ve booked a pile, $5 to launch your dinghy, another $5 to launch the kayak. The commodore is watching you, don’t push your luck!” ha ha!

I got a new surfboard, and went to try it, though i was pretty pretty bad at it, but got some balance at it. Soon will be comfortable with it. Then did some fishing but, never got no fish. No sailing yet but soon there might be a plan for sailing and diving as well.

Did lots of little jobs on my boat. Bloody great on a nice day in the marina. Young lad helped me.

Hang on, not my boat :shock: Does that mean I have to undo all the stuff I did?