This Weekend's Achievements

Offered my assistance in some palm tree pruning and ended up with a spike 2cm long in the back of my finger. White Cross to the rescue, spike removed, ultrasound tomorrow to check all removed.

That palm is going to pay!!

fitted some jib tracks to the r780 ready for the winter series. Broke a rivet gun riveting a mainsheet track to philstars hobie 16 and did some dodgy electrics . allgood fun.

Sanded back the fairing compound over the patches where the old galley pump was, and where a radio has sometime existed. Completed the mounting and plumbing side of the new electric pump; electrics still pending.

Installed a plywood reinforcement patch to take the tiller pilot mounting socket. Lot of fun sanding and epoxying overhead, stuffed head-first in a narrow tube. :crazy:

So far: Atrocious weather so visited the boat this morning to check the duct tape over the stanchion mounting holes. Discovered the runoff from the deck pooling over said duct tape and leaking, albeit slowly, into the boat getting the presumed balsa deck core wet. Not a good look. Duct tape removed and replaced with plywood patches and sealant, the kind that claims to stick in the wet.

While there, finally sorted out the switch panel so each switch fed from the correct fuse, and streamed the feeds to the galley pump and tiller pilot.

Galley pump is non self-priming so the highlight (lowlight?) of the day was having to give the system a blow job to get water into the loop...

Got the tiller off the boat and set about drilling it to take the tiller pilot adapter bracket. Somehow managed to balls up the second hole, in which the filler is now curing overnight before attempt #2 on the morrow.

Arrr what up Otto, are you not well?

I made a new coaming for the forward hatch with nice dovetailed corners and glued it in place despite the rain. The old one failed :shock: due to big waves hitting on it and also the prick that had fitted the original had glued it down with silicon! A disaster waiting to happen and it damn near did.

Arrr what up Otto, are you not well?
Go on Otto. Tell the nice man what you did.

I would but you said I wasn't allowed to laugh so I can't :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

KM - i hope it still hurts when you laugh.

bbay, for once i got up on the dance floor to keep the wife and daughter happy, her 21st, (the daughter that is not the wifes).

Now usually this form of sport is not partaken in, tends to froth the beer.

So while doing nothing exceptional i feel a hard thump in the back of my leg, hard enough that i turned to thump whoever had hit me from behind. But no one was behind me and i then realised walking was going to be difficult. :problem:

Ruptured/snapped archilles, so thats it no more dancing just drinking from now on.

Repaired a rather large soft spot in philstars hobie 16. All fixed now! Did some small jobs on the 780 and measured sails for our phrf for the simrad. now today I re-spliced the prod lines as one came out racing on sunday. Now their whipped! What else is there to do Philstar!