This Weekend's Achievements

Did my first offshore race(s) (long weekend - Thursday-Monday)... Naples-Key West on a Catana 43 - 1st in Multihull Division (out of 2). Then Key West-Naples, 1st in Spinnaker Division (out of 6).

Got hit by a thunderstorm off Marco Island Sunday night, gusts to 42 knots apparent.

I had a busy weekend chopping out a bit of hedge to put in a new gate - so I can get High'n'FIbre out!

The new gates are double the size of the old ones, which I had to use ropes tied to the car to get HnF in as the angle was too tight.

This modification cost me the same as a single month of Westhaven fees - pretty happy with that outcome :D :D

Time to do some yachting again!

Gate 1.jpg

Gate 2.jpg

A bit of prep as in I know there is another keelbolt here somewhere, now how do I get to it?

th_14inchesofallgood_zps340bec35.jpg

Hmm, that's a short video, nevermind.

Then a nice man took her for a ride

home_zpsd31d76de.jpg

Oh what a cute couple

BY2_zps574879e7.jpg

Best I put a metal frame around her to stop those alien space rays.

BY3_zpsabd6778c.jpg

I'm bored and knot listening to my Doctor so lets play 'How do you do this shrinkwrapping shite?'

BY4_zps4e4ef937.jpg

Thanks to the lads for that and the laughs... mostly at a broken Otto but if he insists on driving a clown car ..... ;)

Now the fun finally begins. Sorry Doc but I just don't have the patience you told me to have so fingers crossed I won't be back to you for repairs :?

designed a 1:12 scale timberwolf. the main hull has been laid up in carbon over a male mould today and if all goes to plan should be done along with the beams by the end of the week, which should give me enough time to finish designing the amas and boards.

post-10268-141887221579.jpg

Nah, the piedy is just a sideline. I don't expect the young to sell in a hurry so plenty of time to hatch a plan. Maybe a GP26, or a 69' split screen Kombi. Maybe a bad ass seagull boat even. Those guys have some fun.

Ah yes my boating scenario... Well yesterday was the last race Team Mercenary had on the boat, thanks Sean for lending it to us for one last ride...

As to whats next. I was hoping a 100foot canter, but my bank manager wouldnt lend me enough. So im not sure now!! Tossing up all options at the moment, but it is moving from the sportboaty side more towards the cruising side. Maybe an 88, maybe not so working it all out! No exciting news here yet...

Ah yes my boating scenario... Well yesterday was the last race Team Mercenary had on the boat, thanks Sean for lending it to us for one last ride...

As to whats next. I was hoping a 100foot canter, but my bank manager wouldnt lend me enough. So im not sure now!! Tossing up all options at the moment, but it is moving from the sportboaty side more towards the cruising side. Maybe an 88, maybe not so working it all out! No exciting news here yet...

Rurmour has it......

that a 90 ft canter will perform better than a 100 ft, if that's helps with the bank manager. :wink:

Temperature is quite critical with that stuff. If it's the textured roller type anyway. If it's too cold it slumps before it skins off and won't hold shape. Works best in the summer. Prep with 240 usually works for me. I looked at using it but opted for the single pot international product 'Interdeck' Very happy with the results and it's 1/4 of the weight of the kiwigrip. Could be worth a look.

Just to confuse you further young fulla when I was sussing out nonskid earlier this year I applied resene nonskid to one side deck and kiwi grip to the other. The price is the same. I found the resene easier to apply, dries faster and has a much better grip especially when wet. You can roll it but I liked the stippled finish with a brush.

I even found the International intergrip nonskid particles in varnish provided a better grip than the Kiwigrip. That's my 50 cents worth

A busy week - new quarter berths, battery box and strengthened chain plates incorporating an additional ring frame. I'm itchy. Carbon and glass laminating will be finished next week.

photo.JPG4.JPG

photo.JPG