This Weekend's Achievements

just out of curiosity, what laminate have you added to the chainplates (what was there originally?) and what will you use to tape the new frame in?

The laminate consists of 900 grammes of carbon around the hull which joins on the keel floors and layers of double bias to bind it together. The cabin top beam is two layers of e glass unis and then the beam will be formed using 378 gramme carbon uni tape and carbon double bias tape. It will then be foam shaped and finished in boat cloth for painting. This was more about stiffening the boat than replacing the chain plates. The frame that is now an integral part of the chain plate will also stiffen the hull which will allow us to extract more rig tension as well.

Oy

if i didn't get side tracked by a flat sea and a fishing line would have had the transom out as well.

oh for a second there i thought you were going to say daug..... :silent:

oh no i can see the shotgun getting cleaned again

It looks worse than it is. Found a few spots that were going to be a worry in a season or 2 so this is good timing. Hard investigation of all that stuff shows it to be related to the last tickle she had so it's contained and easily found. Knot huge stuff just sneaking water and some untreated wood used in spots so the start of some small rot issues, all of which have now been removed. None in structural areas, mostly in the water ingress stopping. All the import parts are good to go..... maybe after we buff out a few blemishes in the cockpit :lol:

Now where can I get 200lts of jelly??