This Weekend's Achievements

That first photo must have been with 30 sec to go. There ended up being a big pile up at the pin. With such a range in sizes, a short line, and incoming tide, we were concerned about boats approaching on starboard and not tacking until late. It had potential so we played safe and popped out on Kia Kaha's hip.

Anti-fouling.....Micron 66. We're getting 3 years plus.After 3+ yrs re-sprayed high wear areas and that was almost 2 yrs ago.We do look after it wiping it carefully on a regular basis.Not cheap but extremely cost effective,considering annual antifoul costs (masking,prep,haulout application etc.) So less hassle and a great finished surface.And no, don't work for them,sell it or any other association with the company.

Finally got out to the boat yesterday, only to discover evidence of seepage from yet-another-keelbolt.

Since the last one had no head left and popped out when gently tapped from underneath, I think this coming Saturday is spoken for.

The sooner I can organise this winter's heavy engineering, the better...

The moisture "from" the keelbolt was in fact coming _past_ the keelbolt from somewhere else, above the waterline and almost certainly a window. Nothing to do there.

Weekend spent acquiring, assembling and filling shelves to create the Great Wall of Boat. Removed pretty much everything from the vessel so the poor bugger fingered to eyeball her this Friday and and draw me up The List can see what he needs to without my extensive debris field in the way.

Unintended consequence: Two inches of anti-foul previously hidden below the waterline, horribly visible and revealing the hull to be in desperate need of a scrub.

gwb_ii.jpg

Gisborne to Gulf Harbour via mercury ba and slipper island and waiheke for a wedding last weekend off to tiritiri matangi tomorrow Then kawau then gt barrier... Yahöooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Finally caught a snapper that was legal to keep and eat, only had to go to the Cavallis to get it.

Fishing has been bad ay. I haven't caught much either but managed to catch 3 snapper last weekend around rakino.

Weathers looking good for the weekend :thumbup:

Manoeuvred the love object into position over the ramp high tide Thursday evening in the remains of the daylight in order to dry out and let tame expert crawl over and pronounce judgement Friday. Misjudged the temperature and spent the second-most uncomfortable night ever on board shivering in an inadequate sleeping bag. Tame expert turned up on schedule and lived through my exposition of the known skeletons-in-closet list; I got my first whiff of the vinegary contents of a 100% genuine osmotic blister, and we have a tentative way forward. This is likely to involve removing the keels to get them rebuilt, turning the beastie over and getting an osmosis peel done... relaying the skin and then generally applying the love so conspicuously absent since she was originally launched.

Am actually very relieved - tapping of screwdriver etc produced nice crisp clinking noises, despite my worries to the contrary the core is apparently still balsa and not chicken soup (yet). Is going to be a Most Excellent Winter.

No idea where the first lighthouse is. The second I am pretty sure is right near a very large Hole in a Rock.

The third, well I hope you weren't having to pay anymore than a short visit to there.

Looks like you did a road trip down the Wairarapa Coast, first to the Castlepoint Lighthouse and then Cape Palliser lighthouse. the toilet seat could be at Lake Ferry, Ngawi or Martinborough but that is a tough one.