This Weekend's Achievements

Yep. Prick of a plane ride 39 hours door to door. Still waking up at 4 am. But i must admit that every time i return i am impressed by how geographically stunning nz is

I gave up that moolarky ages ago. Unless it's unreasonably expensive, I found the Singapore Air connections well worth the extra couple of hundred bucks. Sometimes it's even one of the cheapest options. 

Heathrow to AKL - 26h flytime (singapore and airNZ)

Zurich to AKL -24.40h flytime (Singpor and AirNZ)

Ice north of Auckland?

On the way over we hsda day in Dubai. Much more civilized. I thought on the way back I'd go straight through as i was travelling solo. Mistake. Our daughter went via Seoul. 2x12 hrs and the airline picked up the hotel as they dont offer a direct flight.

with all this rain/condensation and the yacht been locked up for 4 weeks ,interesting how damp everything is.I had the squabs lifted but still damp.so Saturday was a big wipe down and air out till it rained again.Grr. Need to pull gas stove out as oven wont ignite.

Thanks, Only 3 reef points, but the third is really deep...

Island Time is a Farr Phase 4, built in Ausy. 14 opening portlights... Good in the tropics :-)

People like boats to be light and airy, with good outside vision - hence the current trend for large windows.

This morning removed stove to find rusted gas line hence why oven wouldn't ignite,drained fuel bowl and then the fun started had to bleed the motor,being an old yanmar no lift pump.They were a top tank gravity feed motor??luckily old owner had put a bulb pump in line so undid the line to injector and pumped till fuel appeared .Took a few winds before firing but appears ok now.Had a hr motoring.

Dropped rudder to prepare for the removal of the shaft (some bugger drilled holes in it) removed a dodgy through hull and glassed it over, ground back the other filled in through hull and faired it over. Decided to replaced our fixed prop with a feathering one seeing as it has a bad case of electrolysis. Selected various plumbing fittings to replace the under sink plumbing in the galley.

fitted a new main and purchased everything I needed to get up to cat 3 on Saturday. expensive day! :( but just about ready for this Saturday's 2-handed. my first race on my boat  :thumbup:

made up for the wallet hit by going sailing on Sunday, and even earned some karma getting swamped by waist-deep water on the low side while retrieving our spinnaker pole... combination of that sea state and the reef in our main somehow shook the beak open and it started sliding off the boom. was dragging in the water before I managed to haul it back in with the help of a crewmate. gooooood times :D