This Weekend's Achievements

1 hour ago, Black Panther said:

Found a new ice cream shop, only an hour in the dinghy to warkworth.

Wont the icecreams melt in an hour?

I was very pleasantly surprised to see how target rich Bon Accord is for icecreams... At the KBC and Mansion house cafe. Kids are starting to get an association with going sailing and binging on icecream :-)

The Deltas do get a bit squirrely going downwind with a bit of puff. I've tipped mine over a couple of times like that, giggling away the whole time! Lots of fun. 

I've met the designer a couple of times. He has a half size Delta on the roof of his launch. Super cute watching his grandkids row around in it. 

Shifted house. Spent almost 25% of my life living in a shitty 57m2 apartment at the corner of busy and crazy streets.

Now we’re in 80m2 and 2nd row from the edge of town - much better for the kids. 
95B4E0A5-1664-407A-98BE-10F8A7A3D80B.thumb.jpeg.bf7cab0f2b07958022bf1780fe56855e.jpeg

moving out.

E9CBA51E-4922-4492-A02F-D093CACF3F24.thumb.jpeg.657376962fcd825770860493ba26416b.jpeg

new view 

• Like 1
15 hours ago, aardvarkash10 said:

I see Brutalist is still a preferred architectural style in Europe.

😀

NO idea what you're talking about, Mate... Here in Zurich are some of the finest examples of architectural finesse  (in concrete)...

IMG_1744.thumb.jpg.982db2af567400e49135cbabc46a2bd7.jpg

• Like 1

Watched one poor Jav loose his rig before he even got in the boat. Got caught in the shore break, couldn't hold boat straight, capsized and rig went into sand. Next wave was too much for the rig. Carbon fibre mast snapped, sounded like a gunshot.

Felt so sorry for them as it was only Saturday, so regatta over very early for them. 

At least he got one race, One of the 12's put his prod through the side of another in the very first race. Broken prod and half the side ripped out and the boats locked together rapidly drifting into the surf line. Gave us quite a moment.

The prod boat was back out for the next race, the other sat out the whole weekend

The competitors had a ball, I think we were more nervous than them

finished the repaint and antifoul on Saturday.  Early start and got hree coats of interprotect, three coats of war paint on by the time racing started, fcuking knackered today.

Friday helped haul a mussel farm out of the Tamaki - it was sinking quick.  

Also Friday, caught up with Tony from Eastern Covers and nailed down the colour for the new sail cover and spray dodger.

Also completed fitting the 120w solar panel. 10A MPPT regulator feeding the full battery bank.  Interesting watching it change settings as the batteries charge and it diverts to the load.  Facing south on the hardstand at the moment so I'll be interested ot see what the panel puts out when its at a better sun angle.

Expensive weekend and we never even got on the water.IMG_20210313_133059_1.thumb.jpg.ec9223613a8f74ac6feda16fc95e7779.jpg

IMG_20210309_121332.jpg

IMG_20210310_165915_1.jpg

IMG_20210313_133030.jpg

IMG_20210313_153451.jpg

• Upvote 3