This Weekend's Achievements

I cant help but post some more of “carbon footprints “ other weekend  achievements.

more than a few weekends spent building a wicked carbon prod for my boat …topped off with a new name whacked out on his vinyl cutter . Font is copied from a 1950s Italian espresso machine ….now if you need a new V6 dropped into your Audi  he can do that too😂

6DB571BF-2E5B-49EC-9F8A-44DB24941120.jpeg

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Midweek weekend.  Small things.

A perch in the pulpit for me (a piece of kwila decking offcut marine varnished and lashed to the pulpit).  Now I can sit there for longer than a few minutes without losing feeling from my buttcheeks down.

Commencing install of the TP32 auto-tiller.  Oversize drilling (20mm) for the pivot mount, filled with epoxy.  The deck is 18mm thick, and a hardwood block is mounted underneath to spread load.  Tomorrow I'll drill into the epoxy to fit the pivot bush.

Belgin plug mounted in the cockpit well side.  Easy access to a locker to run the wiring back to a dedicated 12v/15A supply and to the PyPilot/OpenCPN computer for NMEA data.

The tiller mount will be a piece of 316 rod inserted into the tiller and drilled to accept the pivot pin.

image.jpg

On 27/11/2021 at 7:45 PM, Ex Machina said:

I cant help but post some more of “carbon footprints “ other weekend  achievements.

more than a few weekends spent building a wicked carbon prod for my boat …topped off with a new name whacked out on his vinyl cutter . Font is copied from a 1950s Italian espresso machine ….now if you need a new V6 dropped into your Audi  he can do that too😂

6DB571BF-2E5B-49EC-9F8A-44DB24941120.jpeg

Italians do it in style, my font is the current Ducati font BN Elements, but yours is very slick

After a lifetime of sailing I got to do something I've never done before.  I pulled the trigger on a fire extinguisher. 

Long story but here are a few takeaways

Fire extinguishers are awesome.  Have plenty and keep them serviced/replaced as instructed. 

Think hard about where you mount them

Smoke is evil. All those tv ads from the fire service are not wrong.

Seeing a flame from behind your battery box which is under the paint locker certainly focuses the mind. ( we are discussing where to move the paint (locker).

It was all over in seconds, but still thinking hard about what happened  and what we could have done differently. 

In the end the only collateral damage was a delivery hose from the watermaker. We got off light.

Must talk to IT about the system and making it idiot proof. Yes, I'm the idiot.

• Upvote 2

In a similar vein.  If your engine stops on a weekend day, say, Sunday of a long weekend, and you have to bleed the low pressure fuel supply to start it, its probably leaking and will let you down later, like, perhaps, on a Monday of a long weekend just as you approach the river entrance in a fast running rising tide and with 20 knots up the jacksy.

Apart from that, a fun weekend and I have some new fuel line to run this week.  Mrs Aardvark has a new vocabulary.

We are pleased we have a diesel, not a petrol engine.  Otherwise we could have been in BP's predicament.

• Haha 1
On 17/12/2021 at 3:08 PM, Black Panther said:

Not me but older daughter, her first solo album is due out in the new year but she has released this cover as a teaser.  Check out the home made instruments and a quick glimpse of BPs galley.

Just spotted this and enjoyed it immensely. Thanks BP and oldest. Is one of my favourites. 
Have added Fathom to my Spotify. 

• Like 1
15 hours ago, aardvarkash10 said:

In a similar vein.  If your engine stops on a weekend day, say, Sunday of a long weekend, and you have to bleed the low pressure fuel supply to start it, its probably leaking and will let you down later, like, perhaps, on a Monday of a long weekend just as you approach the river entrance in a fast running rising tide and with 20 knots up the jacksy.

Apart from that, a fun weekend and I have some new fuel line to run this week.  Mrs Aardvark has a new vocabulary.

We are pleased we have a diesel, not a petrol engine.  Otherwise we could have been in BP's predicament.

If you are going to run a new fuel line, chuck in one of those priming bulbs for an outboard motor. About $20 bucks at Burnsco I think. They make bleeding and priming an absolute breeze. And also much, much faster, if, say, you need to bleed an engine in a river mouth with a fast incoming tide and 20 knts up your jacksy.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1