This Weekend's Achievements

2 hours ago, aardvarkash10 said:

Not quite the last weekend, but pretty happy to get a Mariner Stainless Kero stove as a trade for a 6 pack of cider.

I spent a hundy on some new bits and it's now running in in the outdoor fireplace at home.  It will move to SO once it's proven wrinkle-free.

Full gory detail on the restoration can be found here.

IMG_20230308_192433.thumb.jpg.22c745833e517929a87f8c804faf75a7.jpg

You will now need a toasty iron.

C245EC09-012D-4230-B829-2A4C755B9A99.thumb.jpeg.633a0f5f43c61874eb2a54dad5d4853a.jpeg

• Like 1
On 20/02/2012 at 1:41 PM, Guest said:

Nah, we had to get away from them as they were taking up drinking time, found some far more mature candidates around the corner, but these bloody stink boats with their loud sounds systems took away the tranquility of our quiet perve.

That's why I haven't bothered with Motuihe for years too much rock n roll 

On 8/03/2023 at 7:42 PM, aardvarkash10 said:

Not quite the last weekend, but pretty happy to get a Mariner Stainless Kero stove as a trade for a 6 pack of cider.

I spent a hundy on some new bits and it's now running in in the outdoor fireplace at home.  It will move to SO once it's proven wrinkle-free.

That is a damn good unit, suggest you treasure it :-)  I have the slightly less solid 7 Seas product which is jetted for Alcohol, I purchased it 2nd hand 30 years ago and its still going strong. I prefer the kero as it has a higher specific heat but my wife does not like the smell, says it makes her sea sick, doesn't bother me.

• Upvote 1
On 8/03/2023 at 7:42 PM, aardvarkash10 said:

That is a damn good unit, suggest you treasure it :-)  I have the slightly less solid 7 Seas product which is jetted for Alcohol, I purchased it 2nd hand 30 years ago and its still going strong. I prefer the kero as it has a higher specific heat but my wife does not like the smell, says it makes her sea sick, doesn't bother me.

2 hours ago, Frank said:

Nice ! I wonder if its available in 20 litre containers ?

To an earlier comment yes   Jet A1 is great stuff but it has an unpleasant odour. 

I'm experimenting at m with an unleaded petrol/diesel mix to replace kerosene.  It works out about 1/3 the cost of kero, I just have to be sure it burns cleanly and odour-free.

• Haha 1
9 hours ago, LBD said:

Could have been 150mm shorter but at least it is fitted now, rigging up the lines next.

Plan is to add a grate at top and a boarding ladder in the near future

20230315_232957.jpg

Could be an expensive 150mm when the marina nazis require you to move to a longer berth.