This Weekend's Achievements

Sanded and started painting my A-class

G'day 'J-D'. Tell us about your 'A' class. Model, weight, extra smart gear? Wing or soft sail?Some of us here used to sail them - way back when? - I'm not saying how long ago - might make your-old-man look a tad young, eh. Ciao, james

got drunk, found a girl, blew it for the night, back to the boat, got woken up, went sailing, blew the first leg....came back to 2nd... got drunk...went out....blew out. went sailing sunday blew it along with nearly blowing out the back of my pants when i near shat myself driving someone elses boat thats recently got a new rig...of which the top fell off, leaving us with no topmast backstay on an inline rig :eh:

got drunk, found a girl, blew it for the night, back to the boat, got woken up, went sailing, blew the first leg....came back to 2nd... got drunk...went out....blew out. went sailing sunday blew it along with nearly blowing out the back of my pants when i near shat myself driving someone elses boat thats recently got a new rig...of which the top fell off, leaving us with no topmast backstay on an inline rig :eh:

Allot of blowing going on there. I'm sure the girl appretiated it :D :D :D

Got a Garmin gps to talk via nmea to a vhf radio and also a furuno depth sounder at the same time :roll: :clap: :think: Sounds easy but whoo hoo what a fiasco. Had to read way too many manuals, at one stage the table was covered in them. No two of these devices has the same wiring colours. All good now as of 23:00 last night. Now have the Furuno LS4100 with nav info and dsc operational on the vhf. :D

fitted knives to harvester, fitted roof to harvester, fiber glassed panel for feedout wagon, went home and fitted tiedown points to new trailer, and clips for cover, and put some foam down center case on 3.7 to stop centre board cutting the hull open.

pulled a rig out, re wired, new wind gear, put rig in then realised we dont know our way out from half moon bay at half outgoing tide. all this on 2 hours of sleep after the ssanz prizegiving

Saturday....Worked on Bilge pumping system and think I have all that sorted at last. Got old genset ready to remove.

Sunday...couldn't be bothered going out to the boat in the rain. The only down point of the boat on a swing mooring.

Cut lots of steel out of the engine room in preparation for the 12-18hp(not sure what it is) diesel genny and dive compressor to go in. Made the frame they sit on so I can run it up as a unit out of the boat. Turned the old girl round so I could get ready to put the new 100m's of chain in but that didnt arrive so removed the diesel day tank and cut the off its mounts in anticipation for relocation further into the engine room.

Sat morning hooked the PT on the tow bar, went to the job to witness a crane test. Parked the car and boat in the car park, still at 6:00 pm. Missed the race day. :(

Good breeze, great for the overweight skipper. :lol: