This Weekend's Achievements

Chicken utopia

We now have one egg that cost about $400. If we get another one tomorrow that comes down to $200 per egg.

I did have fantasies about spicy cajun chicken, but it is a bit worrying that they already have names (Cluckleberry Finn?)

post-3043-141887193767.jpg

post-3043-141887193769.jpg

post-3043-141887193773.jpg

post-3043-141887193775.jpg

post-3043-14188719378.jpg

Never name anything you intend to eat. If they're just egg producers then I guess its OK to name them, but I was never that attached to our hens.

Have fun with your chooks ... the cost per egg will drop, but by the time you factor in the costs of chook food (you'll need to supplement the scraps you give them) and the time associated with cleaning out chook houses and collecting eggs, the cost per egg will never be zero. The benefit is fresh eggs, scrap disposal and a bit of entertainment value.

It does get a little frustrating when they go off the lay, but still require care and feeding .... you kinda feel like they're not keeping up their end of the deal (a bit like port workers going on strike).

What I like about Crew is we go from this (What did you get done this weekend? Racing , cruising, repairs and maintenance or new construction. Give us a few lines and tell us.

I'll start - looked at the rowboat and thought about it.)

to hen houses........most nautical subject I can think of :-)

Guest Crafty 1
What I like about Crew is we go from this (What did you get done this weekend? Racing , cruising, repairs and maintenance or new construction. Give us a few lines and tell us.

I'll start - looked at the rowboat and thought about it.)

to hen houses........most nautical subject I can think of :-)

Yachties = Schizo!

Boat stands for - Bring Out Another Thousand!

Woulda thought names like "curry", "casserole", "roast", "BBQ", etc would have been better. Keep the little feathered blighters on their toes.

BTW, how are negotiations going with the Combined Egg Layers Union over working conditions and ro(o)stering?? ;)