This Weekend's Achievements

Delivered the most beautiful yacht on the planet this weekend.

Managed to get back to pick up my car, after having caught public transport for the first time in a very many years, only to have the bus break down on me! On the Auckland motorway. We sat there for 1 1/2 hrs, with no public conveniences in sight! Thank goodness I had not had any coffee before I left that morning!

I managed to keep my cool, right up until I realised that I had missed my connecting bus, and had no idea when the next one would be. Then I confess I did get a little concerned, and had to rush down the hill to find the bus stop.

I note that Auckland is not set up for pedestrians. All those one way streets are not signposted from the non entry side, so it is hard to navigate on foot!

It's a different city now than the one I grew up in and terrorised as a teen :lol:

Managed to get to my car in the end (thanks AA), and drove home, completing the weekend exhausted but happy.

Who wouldn't be happy to be the delighted new owner of the legendary Offender!

M

I saw off the Offender and then tried unsuccessfully to cheer up my devastated friend, meantime dealing with the lump in my own throat. (insert big sigh here)

You two are like two little boys at a sweet shop crying because their favorite candy is out of stock :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Kind of merged two long weekends together. Shanson and Team Wheels headed out last Weekend and stayed in various bays. Resulted in circumnavigating Waiheke. Ultimate aim was G Barrier, but the lovely 15kts forecast ended in being nought and a damn hot day with glass like sea. Not willing to motor all the way over there and ended up catching some wind to Coromandle. Tried out a few nice anchorages and this morning we headed back towards Waiheke. Just dropped the pick in Chamberlains bay on the end of Ponui Isl. Lovely. No wind and dang it's hot again.

Well I hope you're enjoying it! I'm in Dunedin and it's bloody freezing! Like winter here! looking forward to getting home tonight although I may have to stop over in Shakey town for the night yet...

Spent most of Sunday cleaning Cherryo, looks a lot better! :thumbup: B____y overhanging trees!!

Then spent Waitangi day slowly "racing" around the Manukau harbour, against equally slowly moving competition. Sortof got 3 guns from 3 races, except there wasn't really any racing, and weren't really any guns :lol: Oh well, 'twas good practise for the real thing, I just hope it blows hard this weekend!

Last weekend's achievements: the kids and I got the ferry on Friday morning, picked up a trademe trailer sailer in Motueka Friday afternoon, sailed from Nelson into Tasman Bay on Saturday, back on the trailer then drove to Picton Sunday, slept in the boat, ferry on Monday and home.

It's in the carport now for some cockpit repairs. I've cut out a small area of soft ply, thankfully not spread far at all and we should be back on the water relatively soon.

Decided the decision knot to put some windows/vents in the north facing wall of new man cave was wrong. A rummage thru the old crap ridden cave and 30mins later the problem was solved. New cave now also tsunami proofed.

post-646-14188719568.jpg

No disrespect KM but if you rotate the photo they look like twin toilet seats :thumbup:
None taken as I totally agree. 350mm odd so damn near the right size :)

The tinting is so I can perv at the neighbour sun baking, the MILF. Or that is more a by product, a lucky one, of what was found in the current Shed of Doom and Goodies. I reckon I just about have a 30-35fter in there, except for a stick and hull :)

Went out and took some photos of J.Harkin sailing his international 14, The were honking along in the amount of breeze that was around.. 200 photos and 30minutes of video later... :thumbup:

First weekend as a 'real' skipper - it was awesome having crew who do what they are told!

Also first weekend as official Crew.org boat.

First time sailing into Tauranga Harbour on my own yacht.

First time sailing with the Tauranga boys.

A weekend of firsts really :)

philstar and i took the i14 out for what was looking like a drift... but turned out to be an oarsome blast around the bay. it was also the first time i didnt cause both of the capsizes :crazy: (insert tui billboard)

post-10268-141887195775.jpg

post-10268-141887195778.jpg

post-10268-141887195782.jpg