This Weekend's Achievements

Not sure I am achieving a darn thing actually. Every weekend, I go about fixing the exaust on the genset to have another problem occur. I finally got my new SST lift box/muffler finished and fitted today. Started the genny up and she was sweet. Great water flow, real quite, real pleased. Went about having a tidy up while the thing was running and the charger was doing a Equalize. Then I heard a slight chuffy noise in the exhaust. Oh now what. Lifted the hatch, sure enough exhaust fumes. Shut it down, got back down there to find the exhaust had now broken at a weld on another piece of pipe mounted to the head. The hardest place to get to ofcourse. Got it apart and pulled the pipe off and found the wled had never been welded properly. Questioned the pedigree of a Chinese exhaust welder. Brought it home to fix during the week. So peeved.

Turns out my floor on the 3.7 isnt as strong as i thought it was... Needing to do strengthening on the floor, Then I have to get my mast to C-tech some how, get new rigging through out and build a new rudder stock :? lots of small things that add up to a big cost :thumbdown: and I cant even get out on the water untill tomorrow when I go for a blast in a I14 :cry:

Made serious progress on the trailer for Squid, but lost the shackle on the safety chain.

Why is it that a job which only takes a couple of hours in your head can take all bloody weekend in real life?

Arrrr, the missing Safety Shackle trick Huh. Whenever I leant my trailer, it would ALWAYS come back with a missing shackle and often the plug broken. I now have one of those quick release things on the tow hitch that needs no shackle. Problem solved for me at least.

Better than being at Home Mowing the lawns.

Which is exactly what I did. :(

So did I, and as I've been busy or out of town every weekend for weeks it was bloody epic. Emptying the catcher every few widths of the lawn. There's still a bit of lawn to go actually, I should really go do it.

I did also glue the new ply patch into the deck of my boat, next weekend maybe it'll get faired and possibly glassed too, and this afternoon we're sailing with sea scouts.

Went out to officiate the start of the WBC Sailutions single handed race today. Squid came along to give a hand. No starter horn. Dammit. Never Mind Squid can do a wolf whistle loud enough to be heard for a few miles!

Went out to officiate the start of the WBC Sailutions single handed race today. Squid came along to give a hand. No starter horn. Dammit. Never Mind Squid can do a wolf whistle loud enough to be heard for a few miles!

So who ended up winning?

Only 2 boats finished, and Clear Circle (an older design Wright 36) beat Quiet Riot (the newer Wright 11) by around 6 minutes. Nine odd hours. A well deserved bottle of crew.org's finest mt Gay Rum.

Geeze that would of been hard single handed.. Good on em I say :clap:

Myself and J.Harkin had a good sail in the 14 today.. its a shame the breeze died out though.. Although.. I did learn one thing.. I need to get fitter! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Refitted my previously defunct but recently refurbished Navman 3100 multi to AC. Happy to wave goodbye to the awful Northstar unit which I had reluctantly installed in it's place for the last couple of years, it was a shocking thing, even worse than the Navman which is saying something. So touch wood I'm now back to full strength with all instruments working as they should..... famous last words.... something will probly blow in the next 5 mins.