This Weekend's Achievements

8 hours to get from Northern Leading to Martello Rock. RNZYS Night race to Kawau. That is my record...... of the longest kind. Most boats finished which is good work.

Good lightning display over the land, and a dark night which made the stars look cool.

Nah, we had to get away from them as they were taking up drinking time, found some far more mature candidates around the corner, but these bloody stink boats with their loud sounds systems took away the tranquility of our quiet perve.

Left Auckland at the last minute, 2.00pm Thursday with Optimist on the roof. Got the Blue Bridge Ferry at 2.30am to Picton, arrived 6.30am. Son #1 sailed all weekend, got into the top half of the fleet, then caught the 7.00pm ferry home on Sunday with an overnighter in Wellington before driving home Monday. Top weekend! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Thanks to Keith from Manly YC for taking me out in his RIB every day to watch, anong other things, #1 Son Dip 17 boats coming into the top mark on Port tack.... Words were spoken! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Great regatta and well done QCYC! I had forgotten how pretty the sounds are!

Left Auckland at the last minute, 2.00pm Thursday with Optimist on the roof. Got the Blue Bridge Ferry at 2.30am to Picton, arrived 6.30am. Son #1 sailed all weekend, got into the top half of the fleet, then caught the 7.00pm ferry home on Sunday with an overnighter in Wellington before driving home Monday. Top weekend! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Thanks to Keith from Manly YC for taking me out in his RIB every day to watch, anong other things, #1 Son Dip 17 boats coming into the top mark on Port tack.... Words were spoken! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Sounds like you had a great weekend! Keith is a good guy, And is willing to give lots of good advice, no matter what the boat :thumbup:

Sounds like you had a great weekend! Keith is a good guy, And is willing to give lots of good advice, no matter what the boat :thumbup:

Ask Keith about Brock's big race. Just up from Green fleet, tail end charlie all regatta but then had a blinder in a light race on the last day. 5th around the top mark chasing the 10th best Opti sailor in the world.. Both Keith and Brock didn't stop smiling after that!! Held on to finish 12th.. Not bad for a 10 year old!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Ask Keith about Brock's big race. Just up from Green fleet, tail end charlie all regatta but then had a blinder in a light race on the last day. 5th around the top mark chasing the 10th best Opti sailor in the world.. Both Keith and Brock didn't stop smiling after that!! Held on to finish 12th.. Not bad for a 10 year old!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Ill have a chat to him next time Im at manly, Sounds like a great regatta had by all :clap: :clap:

Installed rectifier in new outboard. Managed to get said outboard on to its bracket unaided (not a particularly dignified manoeuvre, kind of a horizontal supine grovel). Extracted vessel from berth and, this is the good bit, put her back in it later under her own power and without external assistance :)

Small steps...

Had best ever fishing y'day. After Sat's blow was pleasantly surprised to find Sun looking so good so headed out for some dinner. Came home with 6 snapper and 6 large kawhai. Other fish caught but thrown back included what we assumed to be a very very baby shark - actually looked quite cute but the jaws and teeth clearly had growth potential.

After years of trawling lines behind the boat and catching nothing I've got no idea why y'day was so different - at one point we had 3 kawhai on the go - one on each of the lures - was hectic but fun.

Oh OK. Wonder about the kawhai though.

Tried some kina the other day too.... I'm pretty partial to trying anything esp seafood but I didn't love the taste of it must say, not sure what the fuss is about!

I did some illegal wiring in an illegal structure. Tested it by having D1 stand outside ready to call a Ambo if I went flying across the cave or started smoking in areas I didn't usually. All works real good.

but I didn't love the taste of it must say, not sure what the fuss is about!

Have to agree. Disgusting stuff in my view. Not greatly fussed with that Bootleather called Paua either. It's hmmm, OK, but I don't rave over it.

They remind me of the recipe for cooking Pukeko.

Pluck and Gut Pukeko.

Place in large Pot and fill with cold water till well covered.

Add Seasoning.

Bring to boil and add Leather Boot.

Boil well for 2hrs

Remove Pot from heat.

Remove Pukeko and Boot.

Throw Pukeko away and eat Boot.

I always have to question just how good a food is when you have to hide it's taste with some other food. i.e, Paua and cream? I had Paua sliced thinly and fried in Garlic. It was much like eating a thinly sliced leather boot fried in Garlic.