This Weekend's Achievements

Saturday I had to work but was happy in the knowledge that my PVR was going to record the VOR harbour race. Got home only to find that alghough it was set to the right time and channel, for some reason it had a still shot of the green screen for parliament tv. Talk about pissed off! I checked the settings and it was set for the correct time and channel so don't know what happened there!

Today, I mowed the lawns, stopped to watch the VOR re-start then finished the lawns. Great weekend - NOT!

Went to Lowry Bay yacht club today. Was the fat cnut in black teeshirt behind the counter cooking the food.

Looks like you guys had a damn good sail today :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Enjoyed soaking up the VOR atmosphere and was out on AC with various friends and family for the full 3 days Fri-Sun. Wouldn't have missed it for anything.

Slightly sad that the VOR carnival is packing up and the viaduct going back to normal. I miss that cosmopolitan offshore flavour when it leaves town.

Ok photo one: THe new cut down toe rails have been glued in, and started fairing them in

2: The floor painted with international toplac

3: my new cockpit layout with the grip added on

And no.4 was meant to be one of the varnished decks.. Musta clicked the wrong one :lol:

Red-letter day: After weekend upon weekend of crap weather and other issues (outboard, sail track, mussel bed...) frustrating all attempts to get the beast home (or even halfway), and fed up with tidal restrictions - Saturday morning we successfully sailed Emjay from Milford round to Westhaven, where we are happily lowering the tone on H-pier.

A number of critical boxes ticked - she *will* actually tack quite happily without the encumbrance of a 4-inch growth; hell, she will actually *move* without the growth(!); notwithstanding the first-time nerves we managed to park in the marina without needing to dig into our liability cover; and there is nothing in all the world like an outboard that Just Plain Works. (Shameless plug for Yamaha. Started first pull after two weeks... bloody marvellous.)

Biggest problem was sorting out the lines - small boat in a large berth... need to acquire a telescopic boathook.

354346228.842504.jpg

Storm covers made

Bracing fitted to wind generator pole

Adjustable tie-down straps for loose gear (home made - had to learn to use sewing machine first!) fitted to bunks

Floorboards covered with teak (look sh*t-HOT!)

Cleats mounted on stern

Transom repaired and painted ready for wind vane steering

Strong points for new flexi water tank fitted

V-berth bunk modified (so me and Mr BB can sleep 'together' again)

BOOM!!! :D

After 2 weeks in W'haven for the VOR activity I delivered AC back home to GH - had a fantastic sail up the N Shore y'day afternoon, borderline over-canvassed in the gusts but did the 16-odd nm trip in record time for AC - 1hr 30 mins. Had a bit of help from the tide, went down the Waitemata at 10.5kts SOG which is good going for us. :shock:

I did the foredeck shuffle on Fineline in the BMW.

I am now wondering where the various bruises in a variety of shades could possibly have come from, as I don't normally bruise, and I don't recall anything out of the ordinary happening.