This Weekend's Achievements

Launched Wild Thing on Friday, then sailed her down to Westhaven this evening. She feels good! Quite different to the WT of old....

Wait what... W.T is Wild Thing...? My boat is called Wild Thing II... i wonder if they are related.

Wild Thing II = German made TopCat (18' boomless cat)

There are a few Wild Things about the place. I think there's a Wild Thing II in Pine Harbour also. My Wild Thing i'm pretty sure is WT1, She's had the same name from 1988. We could have a Wild Thing family reunion.....

Finished mancave doors.

Note the KM designed, Wheels Stainless Construction built hinges.

Those bastards aren't gonna go floppy a year or 2 down the track.

post-646-141887202305.jpg

After a couple of months of boat being in bits and a mess, I am slowly getting things back in order. The new switch panel is nearly all wired. Just a couple of circuits to go and a handle of indicator lights to get wired up.

I got the Fuel system all finished today. I have a small pump that will cycle the fuel through the Racor filter for Polishing, plus it can also be used for priming the fuel system, giving just a small amount of pressure to make bleeding the air bubbles out at the various points easy. It can also be used as a back up should the engine mechanical lift pump ever fail.

The exhaust for the genset is complete and connected. Still a ways to go, but getting there.

Not totally marine related but....

We started moving onto our new place. over the last few days we shifted 3 truckloads, & 3 car &trailer loads.

We now have a few Acres of land, a house, a 3 bay implement shed with power, + lots of trees.

Now the marine / boating part is that we will have room to house a boat project if someone needs the space. Covered space will be limited to 1 bay of the implement shed + part of the enclosed bay.

Anyone interested just let me know.

Sounds great rigger.

For me this weekend, I got the genset running and the AC panel all wired up. I can now charge the batteries from the charger/genset. Although the solar panels have kept everything running brilliantly.

On saturday, we bought & spread 10 tonnes of gravel on the driveway filling in potholes and spreading a thin layer over the rest. This afternoon we actually managed to get out for a sail.

Busy weekend, feeling knackered but it's all good. :)

I finally got Hih n Fibre back together again for her first sail since breaking the mast late last year!

Got all the jobs done in time for a test sail at 5pm on Sunday afternoon - had a very pleasent drift and found all the sails go up and down OK. Just entered SIMRAD for next saturday!

IMG-20120708-00419 small.jpg

I was fitting up the raw water system to the main engine today and while wrestling a piece of tube onto the oil cooler , the hose tail broke off the cooler. So I removed the cooler from the engine and on closer inspection, it turned out to be a good thing. The tail had been cracked around the solder joint for sometime by the looks and it had been weeping and had rotted though. I am much happier to find that now than when in a situation of less convenience. It will be a simple fix, so not so bad.

I was asked to take a look at a guy's boat engine this morning. He had been having trouble with the engine black smoking and not coming up to many revs for a year now. He had been thinking the engine was shot and may need replacement. After a few quick tests I came to the conclusion the engine was fine, but having trouble turning the prop. Thankfully the water was clear today. The clearest I have ever seen it up my end of the creek. I took a look at the prop and could clearly see the prop was one giant ball of mussels. I have no clue how he ever got any forward drive at all. You simply could not see the prop itself.

Went for a simrad sail. stopped temporarily at Motutapu to check the charts were accurate or not. then carried on and got Second! Great weekend for sailing! Saturdays conditions were mint for winter!

Big weekend....

Poker on friday night (didn't win), early start for the simrad on saturday and a late arrival home, sunday another early start for a drive down to Tauranga for the winter series race on the Mumm 36 'Whatever' with Colin an another very late arrival home last night just before 10pm and back at work this morning.

Didnt see much of the family this weekend.

Last weekend I managed to get my new duckboards glassed on the back of the marauder, turned out good, just got to sand the bog and paint the transom now.

016.jpg

022.jpg

017.jpg

stopped temporarily at Motutapu to check the charts were accurate or not.

Yes I heard all about that today. So what was the verdict? were they accurate or did you need to make some amendments?? :wink: