This Weekend's Achievements

DSCF5057-1.jpgJade Lady and crew won our club 2nd division Burnsco Winter Series, first time I've won a competitive series with my own boat, pretty happy especially as it was close in points and the result took me by surprise!!
A picture of the beast on the hard with her new coat of antifoul.

[attachment=0]Hardstand_2012.JPG[/attachment]

Gotta love a Davidson.She's a later Cav 45? some extra on the stern?

Recently I've been learning about chain counters. Since its me the 'provisions' that most modern windlass's have to take the sensor and magnet were not present. The magnet inserted in the chain wheel passes over the sensor and sends a message to the arcane device which counts each revolution. Who knew....

Anyway,these 'provisions' are in fact holes ,and fortunately I have a unit which will make those. Of course, it involved removal of the whole windlass lest the gearbox became accidentally pierced by the unit, but it works. amazing.

We had a morning between application and splashing. The applicator wasn't happy and wouldn't warranty it lasting but we had to relaunch and it had to be done.

Don't tell anyone but I can't tell much difference between that result and recommended dry time.

Gotta love a Davidson.She's a later Cav 45? some extra on the stern?

Hush your mouth! :) No she's not really a Cav 45 at all. Quite a different hull shape, spade rudder instead of skeg, similar interior layout and similar length (she's 46'1"), but that's about it. She has one sistership ( called Samasaan - currently cruising in Malaysia).

Apparently Seaforth is one of Laurie's favourite boats over all of the many that have come off his board (straight from Laurie himself). Samasaan's keel was placed 4" further forward to account for a dive compressor that was never fitted in the aft lazarrette, so he reckoned Seaforth trimmed properly and sailed better.

ah!.. now that I look I see. On the water, the two of them have a broader , more modern looking transoms than the Cavs . Very nice.

I went to Fiji via minerva on Riada II this year and Tonga last year. She just eats up the miles.

Thanks Smithy. I think the blue bum looks better than her white antifoul. She was out of the water less than an hour and she'd had 2 compliments and a offer to buy her. :lol: Engine work is mostly complete. Once we're back on the berth I need to pull a small cooling pipe off the engine and have it re-fabricated in aluminium and the dipstick tube repair (broken and brazed by our "engineer") is a bit dodgy so we'll re-fabricate that too. But other than that the engine is running sweetly and very smoothly.

She'll come out of the water again at a later date to have the prop shaft machined and an R&D coupling fitted, new water intake and strainer fitted and possibly a new shaft seal as well. That adventure will depend on freeing up some more $$.

Got the bottom of my boat scraped faired and primed. Also got a new boot stripe on(still got to take off the old top stripe and signwriting) and then got the most of the bits bolted back on.

A BIG weekend.....

Oh yeah and also had another baby boy (#3) last week.

IMG-20121007-00478.jpg

Got the bottom of my boat scraped faired and primed. Also got a new boot stripe on(still got to take off the old top stripe and signwriting) and then got the most of the bits bolted back on.

A BIG weekend.....

Oh yeah and also had another baby boy (#3) last week.

So you have been a bit busy then BOOBOO :wink:

Not as busy as you will be in a few years. :lol: :lol: :silent:

chilly bin installed in force 11 cockpit. photos banned sorry. guessing it'll hold around 200 bottles of beer. looking forward to crew.org rum race. guess we go to sanfords/the fish market to get a bulk order of ice?

Todays achievement for me was making it back in from the Boat in my RIB in sustained 30kts with 40kt Gusts and against the tide. Wow that creek can get ruff.

I really didn't think the job would turn out as major as it has. I perhaps should have taken smaller bites. So I now have a new fuel system, new engine oil filtering system, new exhaust riser/water mixer. New Electrical and new Helm station in the Pilot house. Wasn't really intending on that one, but it's looking good. And tomorrow I am going to move the califont to a new position and plumb it in.

Made a raised planter box for my vege garden this afternoon. Got the old manual posthole borer out and swung off than for a while, dropped a few posts and nailed planks around the sides. Will get the crop down during the week i'm thinking.