This Weekend's Achievements

Spent a weekend at the Mercs fantastic trip up and back as well as a couple of nice races around the Island.

Pulled an all nighter bolting everything back on the boat including completely stripping and cleaning a few winches that had almost seized. Finnaly finished working at 5am and left at 7am. Was definitely worth it.

12186420_891135127636810_3378402468387160173_o.jpg

IMG_20151024_190439.jpg

IMG_20151023_133534.jpg

I spent last Thursday to Sunday competing in the US Formula 16 National Championship at the Sarasota Sailing Squadron in Florida and took 1st place in the singlehanded division. Not quite as impressive as it might sound - there were only 3 singlehanders in the fleet of 21. Still I was pretty pleased - these are challenging boats to sail solo and my sailing has improved significantly in the last year or so, so I felt the result was a good measure of that.

Great event and a great location.

12189228_1650278348577287_7235916262771588878_o-1.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYb_Tlze724

• Upvote 1

I spent last Thursday to Sunday competing in the US Formula 16 National Championship at the Sarasota Sailing Squadron in Florida and took 1st place in the singlehanded division. Not quite as impressive as it might sound - there were only 3 singlehanders in the fleet of 21. Still I was pretty pleased - these are challenging boats to sail solo and my sailing has improved significantly in the last year or so, so I felt the result was a good measure of that.

Great event and a great location.

Well done! Looks like fun, and like they would be a handful in a bit of breeze singlehanded! :thumbup:

2 days of struggling to get our new instrument plate to the top of the mast has resulted in nothing but jammed cables in the mast  :evil:  Not a cherry picker in town that can reach and climbing up leaves us too short to work on the top.

About the only thing that went well is the new hull lashing went on perfect the first time

Beccara, if you put a couple of rope or web links on your halyard, once you are at the top of the mast you can stand in the loops - gets you above the masthead. 2 folding steps up there, level, and about waist level down the rig makes it easier though! If using loops, be sure to have a safety line around your middle to tie to the masthead (as well as the normal safety line) as the loops can move around a bit!

Removed meters and meters of 3 phase house wire and similar spec'd switches from the kids trailer sailor, moved the nav lights from the cabin to the pulpit, added a stern and anchor light, installed appropriate wire throughout with no Micky mouse ridiculousness of multiple chock-blocks, swapped out the cabin light and new switch panel in a lovely wee varnished plywood box.  AND IT ALL WORKS :-) Actually a good result.  

• Upvote 1

if thats the name for the wood that forms the edge of yer marina berth then , thats what it is.

Someone will know.."where's the last one gone?" or " allright , what have you done with it ?"

Now all I have to do is get it on the car and get it out of westhaven without being accused of nicking it. Being the reprobate I am in their eyes.

Its ok , I don't have a Chrysler 300 C or gold chains so they won't pick me as a pimp / prostitute/ drug dealer / fence/ thief.

Although admittedly if anyone sees me and thinks "fence", I'll understand.