This Weekend's Achievements

This is where I got to the other day before clocking up some miles on Vlad the Verseys.

I'll chuck a serious quantity of carbon on the boat today. They aren't going to break now so by the time it's glassed in I could use it as a lifting point. The plan being you can do nuffin, not anything, unless you can steer.

I am running an overbuild program but that's easy to do when replacing 10kg parts with 3kg bits that are 20 times stronger.

That entire transom mod in gudgeon gizmo just on 5kg. The 2 set of gudeons I pulled off, 6kg just for them alone. I also had a fibre glass construction guru in yesterday to give her another once over, He said "F**k you do know how to over engineer don't you'. I heard "You are building a seriously strong boat" so I'm happy.

attachicon.giftt.jpg

Looking sharp K.M

Must come have a looksie

Nice!

If you're going to do a hard Bimini Put the main sheet up there on a curved track a

as well! Have a chat with BK, Mrs BK eats that sort of design work up for breakfast I'm told. Did a similar thing on Krisis a while back now and cookie still seems petty happy about it.

This is where I got to the other day before clocking up some miles on Vlad the Verseys.

I'll chuck a serious quantity of carbon on the boat today. They aren't going to break now so by the time it's glassed in I could use it as a lifting point. The plan being you can do nuffin, not anything, unless you can steer.

I am running an overbuild program but that's easy to do when replacing 10kg parts with 3kg bits that are 20 times stronger.

That entire transom mod in gudgeon gizmo just on 5kg. The 2 set of gudeons I pulled off, 6kg just for them alone. I also had a fibre glass construction guru in yesterday to give her another once over, He said "F**k you do know how to over engineer don't you'. I heard "You are building a seriously strong boat" so I'm happy.

attachicon.giftt.jpg

Looks seriously strong KM. Excellent work!

I can't match the Doc, well done by the way one of my sons and I did the 6 hour IOM race at Hobbs Wharf on Sunday changed every 1/2 hour. We finished 4th.

9 boats started 4  finished high rate of failures, we just missed 3rd by 1 lap.

When we downsided the rig from A to B I had an accident when putting the boat back and knocked the rudder and  rotated 90 degrees very hard to sail, took ages to get the boat back thanks to swimmer.

We completed 113 laps I think the winner did 126 laps.

Got a few things to do on boat to improve things like the jib sheet getting hooked up etc etc. 

Years ago I can remember doing a race on Sundreamer.

Richmond, Round the bottom end of Waiheke or the Cow & Calf around Tiri Navy Buoy and back to Richmond. If the grey cells are alighted it took us 28 minutes to do the Nauy buoy to Rangi Light.

It was a blowing a good NEly,we were was a tight reaching, and I was on the jib sheet winch down to leeward in the fire-hose.

Nearly as good as screaming down to White Island on Roulette 2 with the kite up, the bow wave was round the side stays coming up higher than the boom, the Silver Fox had the tiller wedged between his legs and just rocking sidewards to her tracking straight, and the speedo needle was hard up against the pin.