This Weekend's Achievements

The Question is, is KM bold enough to consider that this is purely an accident? Maybe someone was aiming for his Achilles??

So, do you report it and risk looking like a worry wort fool, or do you not report it and risk that the next one goes through your liver?

I had a quick look in the shed, pleased to say all my arrows are accounted for.

I also scraped some serious oysters off the side of the boat, apparently the hi gloss paint is good for them.

Once I got rid of the remnants of cyclone cook, which explains why there wasn't much flooding around Auckland cos it was all in my boat, said oysters were about 2 inches above sea level.

I also discovered that I have a heavy genoa which has a short luff and really high clew, not sure where that is meant to sheet to. Kind of resembles one of those old reaching sails.

Also measured up for a self tacker, the small blade jib is a perfect fit, clears the mast by inches, with just enough clearance for the sheeting.

Fun race today. Com. and rear com. Stopped off for tea and rum in Wai-O-taiki bay proving that us multis can't have it all to ourselves. We flew one massive flag for a while. All good fun!

In much need of a run to charge batteries etc,ended up taking an Italian visiting yachtsman around Tamaki river to locate or try to locate his dinghy which broke away last night,Finally found in the mangroves at Wai O taiki Bay,Anchored my boat  and retrieved dinghy :thumbup: only to find we were not first as oars taken :oops: but now I have a topping lift + 15lts of diesel that wouldn't fit in his tank so worth a trip in the cold,

Well done Winter.

Should really be a standard worldwide although I seriously dislike the idea of boat licensing.

Moving on...

In the last few days we've managed to get the tri onto the lawn, and the laser in the water. It still floats ???? but sadly racing was abandoned due to lack of wind. Shame really, as I felt quite fast in the boat today.

Also met or re-met Samin, erice and morspeed from this site.

This week I passed an ICC assessment so apparently, I'm competent enough to charter a yacht overseas. :)

Anybody got any good charter stories/tips/contacts from Croatia? 

Take lots of money. Mooring is quite pricey, and there very few places where you can even anchor for free...

Chartering the boat is the leat expensive part of a trip to Croatia.

Also, last time i was there (2014?) They were happy to accept my Boatmasters cert and MROC as all that was needed.