This Weekend's Achievements

. Started on multi engine rating, that's a very different game. Amazing how fast some aircraft will roll on their back as a soon as they lose one engine, freaky sh*t of the 1st order. Bang engine goes out, 10 seconds later you're upside down and a decent set of undies have been destroyed.

I most old twins if one engine fails, the other takes you to the scene of a crash

Hardly any fish all summer. Ran out of bait. Put some stale pancake on a hook and got a snapper.

Feeling sad about the expensive box of fishing sh*t down below.

moved from bait to the new fancy soft bait craze , funny or stupid fish are eating rubber.but seems to work no mess!

Got rated in Technam P2008's yesterday, what an awesome little beasts. I think we'll have some huge fun together. Started on multi engine rating, that's a very different game. Amazing how fast some aircraft will roll on their back as a soon as they lose one engine, freaky sh*t of the 1st order. Bang engine goes out, 10 seconds later you're upside down and a decent set of undies have been destroyed.

Is that an unbalanced torque effect or an angular momentum effect? Sounds scary either way...

moved from bait to the new fancy soft bait craze , funny or stupid fish are eating rubber.but seems to work no mess!

Well most of the fish in the sea are ingesting plastic anyway, seems natural that they move to eating rubber instead of actual tucker...

Tried those softbait things by side with salted pilchards a couple of years back. Got a bucket full of good snapper and terakihi in about 30 min, and it wasn't the rubber doohickies the fish were going for...

Mussels work well, too, if you can keep them on the hook.

Extended, If so why? If not then Why still applies :)

Extended a little bit is about 300mm longer than before, a finer entry should push a bit less water and stop less when punching upwind. The bow section is basically sacrificial forward of the fore stay bulkhead the old one was a bit soft I literally punched a hole in it and pulled it off. 

Extended a little bit is about 300mm longer than before, a finer entry should push a bit less water and stop less when punching upwind. The bow section is basically sacrificial forward of the fore stay bulkhead the old one was a bit soft I literally punched a hole in it and pulled it off.

If the front falls off then tow it out of the environment

Looking good Wil

Be interesting to see how she goes, that old bulge never looked pretty but was to help lift the bow on the boast I guess, extra length should help both up and down wind hopefully

Did you consider going reverse like the latest multi craze ?

Did the last spray job, around the gunwales due to the added (glassed on) stanchion bases, transom and rudder base was done this arvo.

Just realised it was started in gloss, something happened, it was finished in low sheen.

Not happy!!

Too humid?

Just went for a C172 scenic.  Been up there 2 hours and it is a bumpy day and all was fine but as I was turning final coming into land and one of the passengers decided to unload their lunch. I'm sure it had nothing to do with the glide approach (no motor and glide on in) where I was chucking in some serious S turns trying to lose speed and height. Smoked the landing though which was good as if it was for real we would have walked away without even a hair out of place.

How much is it to hire a 172 per hour KM?

172 would be $230 to $250

At Whitianga Aero Club we used to charge our 172 out for $230 5 years ago and we were cheap.

Got rid of it and now have a RV12 that’s getting 10 times the use. It’s replacement kit has just arrived and the local school will build it over the next 2 years like they did our first.

172 would be $230 to $250

At Whitianga Aero Club we used to charge our 172 out for $230 5 years ago and we were cheap.

Got rid of it and now have a RV12 that’s getting 10 times the use. It’s replacement kit has just arrived and the local school will build it over the next 2 years like they did our first.

Ah so a bit more than KM's little two seater which makes sense.

Next questions was u if you were involved in the building of MBAS Puff.  The school has built two of them now yeah?  Once upon a time, many years ago that was my high school, wish they were building planes when I was there, amazing opportunity to be involved with.

I’m not involved in the plane building but know all the players and the Aero club lends some support.

They have now built three over the last 6 years. The first is the clubs plane and it will be getting up towards 800 hours when it gets replaced in 2 years time when it’s replacement is built.

in between they have built 2 private planes the latest just “launched”

It’s a win win win win, the nz agent who lives in Whitianga and I’d thr main driver of the scheme is selling a kit every 2 years, the owners get a built plane for not much more than the price of a kit and the students get a huge opportunity that they cherish. The Aero club gets a source of new members and regeneration.

The rv12 is a nice plane too.

• Upvote 1

I’m not involved in the plane building but know all the players and the Aero club lends some support.

They have now built three over the last 6 years. The first is the clubs plane and it will be getting up towards 800 hours when it gets replaced in 2 years time when it’s replacement is built.

in between they have built 2 private planes the latest just “launched”

It’s a win win win win, the nz agent who lives in Whitianga and I’d thr main driver of the scheme is selling a kit every 2 years, the owners get a built plane for not much more than the price of a kit and the students get a huge opportunity that they cherish. The Aero club gets a source of new members and regeneration.

The rv12 is a nice plane too.

Is this a possible model to help yacht clubs recruit new members and enthusiasm?

Oh and due to the heat yesterday (my story and sticking to it) I took a dive off the transom. As my face broke my fall and I was lying in the expanding pool of claret I remembered we were still in the shed.

Bugger!!!!

Bloody bugger!  I assume your keel is in place and that's a 6-8 foot drop?  Sounds lucky you were able to walk away from that...