SIMRAD 3

Changed

bring on the breeze. Got a new frac gennaker getting built at norths as we speak. first time i will have ever had a fractional sail so hope its windy as hell. kinda like last year

Which of the 2 Sporty courses get you the most moist Changed and Marshy?

Long range showing 15kts NE, there abouts.

We're picking C2, the around the many Islands one rather than around just one. Long range suggests it could be a ripper sporty boat one. Knot that much windward and lots from angles boats like that are designed for and thrive in. It may also let us stay a bit closer to you fast boats ;)

Knot that I'd ever dream of becoming a lobbyist and try to influence the RC's calls :twisted: :lol:

Kinda liking the look of the corners course at the moment. Depending how far east the breeze goes it could be a Lay or long and short to Tiri. Then a Zero or two sail reach to Motuora. Then a lay or long and short beat to Flat Rock.

Gennaker ride to Shag. with a Two sail reach or even Zero reach back to the corner of Waiheke and onto a Gennaker to Rakino. Then Kite home from there! Not much upwind which i like the sound of!

Then again the Little Barrier course may favour a few more boats at the moment. Not far off a true beat from what i can see, 15 degrees off so a long and a few shorts. Then a kite ride home.

Either way its going to be good! Fingers crossed the breeze holds in. I want some windy Tight gennaker rides to try out my new fancy PIC Insurance / Norths fractional gennaker!

Oh i dont mind a kite ride at all. We do pretty well with the big 1020 bag on dead flat off. And anything that is marginal kite we get that Whopping "Incredible Hulk" green gennaker up and have heaps on! We are just scared of the upwind stuff cus that shakes up the beer.

I'm pretty confident the "Shorthaul Course" selected on the day will be the one that provides the greatest upwind component. The general rule is the Little Barrier course is used unless there the boats will lay through there and back...

Archived