Mini Transats Are there any in NZ ??

Time to start that thread up again?

Or has everyone lost the buzz?

Im up to the 5th page, and so far the thread still hasnt drifted so there must have been alot of support for the class back then, think i posted something towards the end but cant remember what.

ts a great class, and personally its about time us young guys had a class we could all build into. Something similar to how in the past the Piedy class was.

At the moment the only real class down here that would be feasable for home building would have to be the 8.5's wouldnt it? If there was an offshore class that would be great!

Hope something comes of this by the time im ready to start my own project

Thanks chaps. Appreciate the replies. And the part finished one in somebodies back yard. Is that for sale ? Any others languishing about unused, unwanted that anyone knows about? See, I would race one in Wellington, on the Offshore series .. Cheers DHRB

Just go and buy CU.

If you want to be a bit more Transat like convert to 2 rudders and add a good tiller pilot.

The Minis are designed to a class rule. This is good in some ways but means that they have features that don't necessarily apply to NZ coastal and harbour racing.

But trust me. Having sailed one, while their blast reaching and downwind speed is ahead of the 40 footers, their upwind speed and light air performance is sub Ross 930.

And they aren't that cheap. Especially if you were bring one into NZ, let alone building one.

Jono

0274 754 169

Thanks chaps. Appreciate the replies. And the part finished one in somebodies back yard. Is that for sale ? Any others languishing about unused, unwanted that anyone knows about? See, I would race one in Wellington, on the Offshore series .. Cheers DHRB

Not yet! But you never know...

ah but it is for sale now AA, dad said if im going to be away for a few years then it isnt going to sit in the yard with nothing happening to it, so it has to go. plus they are buying a yacht and pissing off round the world in a few years so i wont have a yard to store it in

If looking back scares you, and if looking forward scares you to, then look beside you and i will always be there for you!..If i could be anything in the world, i would be a tear, so i could be born in your eye, live on your cheek and die on your lips.

:wtf: :wtf: :wtf: troll :wave: its his 3rd post tonight AA. Something about trying to sell world of warcraft crap.

:wave: I have my mini-transat for sale !

She is n°439 Brett Bakewell-White design 2003 (sister-ship of Chris Sayer one) proto full carbon, built at Vaudrey Miller Yacht - Auckland

If anybody is interested please contact me.

The boat is located in France at the moment and can be taken back to Nz on a contenair.

It's also possible to rent the boat directly to France.

Could you also let me know where it's relevant to put an add ? Do you have specific website for such advertising I would be very happy to sale her to a new zealand sailor !

Why are there so little kiwi sailors in mini-transat by the way ?

:wave: I have my mini-transat for sale !

She is n°439 Brett Bakewell-White design 2003 (sister-ship of Chris Sayer one) proto full carbon, built at Vaudrey Miller Yacht - Auckland

If anybody is interested please contact me.

The boat is located in France at the moment and can be taken back to Nz on a contenair.

It's also possible to rent the boat directly to France.

Could you also let me know where it's relevant to put an add ? Do you have specific website for such advertising I would be very happy to sale her to a new zealand sailor !

http://crew.org.nz/forum/viewforum.php?f=5

Why are there so little kiwi sailors in mini-transat by the way ?

$$$$$$$$

Archived