This is bull S#*t

Get an overseas VPN account... it will also help you if want to dodge the copyright laws that just came into effect.

Something like this.... http://www.hidemyass.com/

Not that I would ever do anything like that :roll:

That seems to work thanks - so TVNZ which we own (as taxpayers) use our money and choose to deprive us of watching our sport on the web - WTF??? Then no doubt will cut it up fill it with ads and dub in dickhead montgommery about 6 months after the event at 2am.... f**king brilliant!

Get an overseas VPN account... it will also help you if want to dodge the copyright laws that just came into effect.

Something like this.... http://www.hidemyass.com/

Not that I would ever do anything like that :roll:

Awesome, thanks fine line. You learn something every day. And they thatught they could stop us :lol:

Right. Back into the racing.

go to

http://tvnz.co.nz/view/page/869443

and make a complaint

something like the below might be a simple start

TVNZ - you pack of ^%$&^%# - you have had us (that is us in NZ) blocked from watching AC 45 streams from You Tube.

How about you do the right thing and provide a live stream of all the footage as well as allowing access to replays from your own website.

TVNZ is owned by New Zealanders - start serving us not pissing us off.

Well......the sneaky, low-down, dirty, conniving bunch of scum sucking bottom dwellers!! Just saw a One News clip 5 mins ago about how good it's all going to be and the b@!#$%ds are going to block our access through anyone but them!!!!

Shame on you TVNZ

:thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

I just went to their complaints page and sent them the following:

I am disappointed to find out that you (TVNZ) are the reason why I have not been , and won't for several days, be able to watch the AC45 racing in Plymouth. You have broadcast rights but aren't broadcasting it. Your coverage is pitiful at best if you even mention it in the news yet there is spectacular sailing to be seen. To top it all off you have ensured that no one here can see it at all. What benefit do you believe there to be for the viewing public by preventing them from seeing something online when you aren't broadcasting any of it by any medium at all? A sure ratings winner that decision!

I think you've forgotten why you're here and who it is you serve. Let me remind you. ME! and millions of others like me.

I am a member of sailing forums both here in NZ and internationally and you're failure to do your job needs to be publicised so that you will be forced to review your inadequacies and perhaps even acknowledge and rectify them.

While I doubt you will ever reply to me, if you in fact do decide to, please don't hand me some script written pre-programmed answer designed to fob me off. A genuine answer will be well received - and yes I can tell the difference.

Perfect AA!

Do you mind if I simply copy and paste the same complaint?

May I suggest that everyone else feeling so inclined follows suit??????

I'm gonna do it NOW. :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

To save a bit of time for everyone the link for complaints to TVNZ is below.

May I suggest if you compose your own complaint that you copy it here so those, like me, who can't be bothered writing their own can choose whichever one best reflects their 'level of feeling'

TVNZ COMPLAINTS FORM: http://tvnz.co.nz/content/869443

My complaint

I recently found out that i am unable to view the live coverage of the Americas Cup World Series due to you owning the broadcasting rights,

however today when i checked your webpage i could find no mention of sailing coverage on tv.

Could you please explain to me this total stuff up?

Like many fellow New Zealanders I like sailing, and would like to be able to view it on my television.

Why arent you providing me with the coverage I, and many others, desire?

Your mission statement "Inspiring Every New Zealander on Every Screen" seems rather trivial in this situation.

I feel since so much time is being spent on sport currently setting aside a few hours every day for a sport other than rugby that New Zealand excells on the world wide stage at isnt a huge ask.

You obviously see potential in having these rights so whats the point in not broadcasting the coverage?

Good luck with your future endeavours, if coverage remains as patchy and delayed as it currently you will lose many long time loyal viewers.

Yours Sincerely Byron

Yep could understand if they were providing coverage but to block it when they are not playing just makes no sense whatsoever, which idiot is responsible for that decision just seems like a complete waste of money, if they think blocking utube is going to make us want to tune in on Sunday they are delusional .

Archived