This is bull S#*t

Oh yeah!....you're quite right Willow. So nothing has been 'fixed' at all!!!

So the question remains.......Who has blocked the YouTube coverage?? TVNZ are denying that it is them.....but I can't help feeling that they must be at least indirectly responsible for it??

I just can't think of any other reason for it.

The footage has been uploaded to the site by 'AmericasCup'. When you click on that link it goes straight to the bonafide America's Cup website. There is no way these guys would want to limit their coverage unless their contract with TVNZ included, for example, a 7 day 'exclusive broadcast' clause, in which case AmericasCup would be responsible for placing the youtube block. TVNZ wouold have sought exclusivity in the first place though, so it is mischevious of them to claim that THEY haven't blocked the coverage.

What about TVNZ's LIVE coverage. How does that stand at the moment? Are they, or are they not????

Yeah just watched it myself. Major carnage before the start and it continued on through the race - incredible. Good coverage, but I'm still pissed at TVNZ cos I haven't seen the bloody match racing - that ETNZ won! :twisted:

Below is the response I got from my complaint to tvnz. Bear in mind I complained about them blocking you tube not the lack of internet coverage.

enjoy......

Hi there

TVNZ's coverage of the America's Cup is based around both the Match Racing and Fleet Race, both of which are being run as separate championships.

The emphasis seems to be on the fleet racing at this point which is where we have placed the broadcast emphasis as well in the early stages of the two year campaign. Thus we are broadcasting the final, all important, fleet race live on TV One. At the end of the racing at each venue highlights from the whole regatta also screen on TV One.

However we are also showing the 4 days of Match Racing on tvnz.co.nz which has the highlights programme from each day of the match racing series, as well as the weekly America's cup magazine show, a replay of the live fleet race and the overall regatta highlights. This content is all available at no cost Ondemand. Live coverage of the other days of racing during the week are also available via americascup.com

The extent of coverage on TV One will depend on the time zone from each World series venue but there is no doubt that TV One will carry more racing as time goes on. This also applies to the content available via the website.

Hope this helps explain the situation.

Youtube was only blocked in this country as the material was being pirated by some other providers who were trying to get free content to boost their sites.

The highlights from the 4 days of matchracing and the final day of fleet racing are available at no cost Ondemand via the TVNZ website. This will extend to full coverage of both championships as the America's Cup World Series continues to build.

Kind regards

Christine Wilton

Communications Executive

Awwww....come on BB. Doesn't it make it feel exciting, and happening, and fast, and now? Doesn't it get your heart racing, breathing faster, and your eyes so filled with so much action that you don't know where to look first????

NO????? .......well.....me neither......it just pisses me off too. :lol:

Well done! You got a reply! Of course in my email I did suggest they don't bullshit me so maybe that's why they haven't answered. They're still feeding bullshit out there though. W#nkers!

Well done! You got a reply! Of course in my email I did suggest they don't bullshit me so maybe that's why they haven't answered. They're still feeding bullshit out there though. W#nkers!

Ha

i did ask for a reply from a human and not a lawyers statement.

Below is the response I got from my complaint to tvnz. Bear in mind I complained about them blocking you tube not the lack of internet coverage.

[Quoting TVNZ:]

Youtube was only blocked in this country as the material was being pirated by some other providers who were trying to get free content to boost their sites.

Christine Wilton

Communications Executive

Hang on a sec! TVNZ previously stated that they "ARE NOT BLOCKING YOUTUBE" as per the post from Clipper. Now they say they did, but think they had good reason! The reason for the block becomes immaterial at this point........

TVNZ ARE A BUNCH OF TWISTING BLOODY LIARS!!!!

OMG - free content to boost their sites. Where will this lawless badland that is the so-called "internet" lead to next?!

If this carries on, people could potentially switch off the "official" media altogether. :crazy:

I feel like I just woke up in an Eastern European dictatorship. :wtf:

Not at all surprised to see two stories on the Herald site this morning saying that TVNZ received a fine for still re-screening coverage (taken back in the 90s) that breached someone's privacy; and meanwhile Maori TV is caning it with the RWC. Which one is operating in the current millenium...

...but the coverage they did play last night was awesome and better watching it in HD than in some little browser window.

Not saying the you-tube thing was right but the delayed coverage was worth waiting for.

EE

my reply to the reply....

Christine

Thank you for your prompt reply. I am however confused. In your reply you state you are blocking you tube because of some people are pirating your footage yet the statement on face book says tvnz is not blocking you tube.

http://www.facebook.com/TVOneNZ?sk=wall&filter=1

I would like to draw your attention to an article published in sailworld highlighting the shenanigans that are going on at the moment.

http://www.sail-world.com/NZ/Americas-C ... fans/88469

Now as tvnz or tv one are not and in your statement have no interest in covering the match racing which team nz won it is not right for tvnz to not exercise its rights and not show any and or block any coverage of the match racing. You clearly have no interest in covering that at this stage so please would you kindly make sure the blocks are off the match racing days at least so those of us that are interested can actually watch it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/AmericasCup ... 3CF-zDoPdg

I think it is very short sighted of tvnz to cause this uproar amongst the sailing community. Why you may ask? Well if you read the ETNZ facebook page they are far from happy with tvnz's stance. Tvnz may want to reconsider their position because when the cup comes back to nz I am sure ETNZ will take this disaster into consideration when issuing broadcasting rights in NZ.

Thank you for your time

Your's a hopelessly passionate sailor

Russell

F***'s sake TVNZ.

What don't they get?

Live coverage of one race. Big F***ing deal!

Highlights of the match racing! I'd rather not watch it at all thanks. Highlights!? As BB noted above the camera angle changes every two seconds and you can't relax and get into the race and feel it developing. It's less than useless.

Magazine show!? Go and jerk off over yourselves TVNZ. Magazine show indeed!. Pffffttt, is this a Tui Commercial? What is revolutionary, and so damn good about the ACWS product is we don't have to listen to some Gary Jobson or Pete Moncommentary telling us what to think... we're onbaord with the actual sailors living it. Duh!

I want to be able to watch BOTH live and replays of ALL of the action... fleet AND match racing - why should you (TVNZ) decide what interests me most? You've got the rights and the feeds to ALL of it, so why not put it ALL on your web site and monitor what gets the most hits to work out what people want to see rather than telling us what is best for us? I even want to watch the 'boring bits' in between races where the sailors are sitting around discussing what went right and what they could have done better. That's where some of the best gems to learn from are.

I want to be able to watch it live, if it happens to be convenient to do so, and if not, I want to be able to go back and watch the replay. Gee, sometimes I might even START watching it live, get tired, or interrupted, and stop watching it and go back later and pick up from where I left off... you know? How you can with the internet? You know? Why TV is dead or dying?

Wake the f*** up TVNZ. As one of history's most prophetic songs said: You've gotta get yourself connected, the writing's on the wall.

HAHAHAHA I just wrote this rant below, only to see kiwi bardy had done one at the same time. oh well.

Did anyone watch the highlights on TV1 last night.

It was so rubbish I gave up after 20 mins.

They dont show anything of anything. just a few seconds of footage here and there, but not even bits like the starts, or the big bearaways. Watching the 40mins of the day 2 race unedited was far more intersting and exciting.

And I don't care abuot the sialors picking up rubbish, or laying wreaths for 9/11 or what their neighbours dog had for breakfast. Who the f*ck was the show aimed at? It certainly wasn't sailors.

f*ck YOU TVNZ. YOU SUCK, YOU LIE, AND THE COVERAGE YOU DO PLAY SUX. f*ck OFF.

I must be doing something wrong as when I go through hidemyass to the americas cup homepage all I get is a black screen

Surely it can't be trying to tell you that your ass is too big to hide? :twisted:

Archived