This is bull S#*t

F***'s sake TVNZ.

What don't they get?

Live coverage of one race. Big F***ing deal!

Highlights of the match racing! I'd rather not watch it at all thanks. Highlights!? As BB noted above the camera angle changes every two seconds and you can't relax and get into the race and feel it developing. It's less than useless.

Magazine show!? Go and jerk off over yourselves TVNZ. Magazine show indeed!. Pffffttt, is this a Tui Commercial? What is revolutionary, and so damn good about the ACWS product is we don't have to listen to some Gary Jobson or Pete Moncommentary telling us what to think... we're onbaord with the actual sailors living it. Duh!

I want to be able to watch BOTH live and replays of ALL of the action... fleet AND match racing - why should you (TVNZ) decide what interests me most? You've got the rights and the feeds to ALL of it, so why not put it ALL on your web site and monitor what gets the most hits to work out what people want to see rather than telling us what is best for us? I even want to watch the 'boring bits' in between races where the sailors are sitting around discussing what went right and what they could have done better. That's where some of the best gems to learn from are.

I want to be able to watch it live, if it happens to be convenient to do so, and if not, I want to be able to go back and watch the replay. Gee, sometimes I might even START watching it live, get tired, or interrupted, and stop watching it and go back later and pick up from where I left off... you know? How you can with the internet? You know? Why TV is dead or dyning?

Wake the f*** up TVNZ. As one of history's most prophetic songs said: You've gotta get yourself connected, the writing's on the wall.

That pretty much sums it up :thumbup:

Just want to watch ALL the full replays (with race commentary) online. Thank you very Much.

Surely it cant be that hard. I think crew.org should inherit the TV rights to this one :D

I don't like how the showed on the news the results and a couple highlights BEFORE they showed the racing later that night!!!

That’s showing the RWC final AFTER the news telling us the score and showing the willing try!

Bunch of tossers !

well I can see this webpage when I use the proxy so why can't I see the AC cup pages?

AA it doesn't look like they allow Youtube through their free proxy. Looking at the FAQ's you need to subscribe to their VPN service for this to work. At least that is the case for hulu.com.

my reply to the reply....

Christine

Thank you for your prompt reply. I am however confused. In your reply you state you are blocking you tube because of some people are pirating your footage yet the statement on face book says tvnz is not blocking you tube.

http://www.facebook.com/TVOneNZ?sk=wall&filter=1

I would like to draw your attention to an article published in sailworld highlighting the shenanigans that are going on at the moment.

http://www.sail-world.com/NZ/Americas-C ... fans/88469

Now as tvnz or tv one are not and in your statement have no interest in covering the match racing which team nz won it is not right for tvnz to not exercise its rights and not show any and or block any coverage of the match racing. You clearly have no interest in covering that at this stage so please would you kindly make sure the blocks are off the match racing days at least so those of us that are interested can actually watch it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/AmericasCup ... 3CF-zDoPdg

I think it is very short sighted of tvnz to cause this uproar amongst the sailing community. Why you may ask? Well if you read the ETNZ facebook page they are far from happy with tvnz's stance. Tvnz may want to reconsider their position because when the cup comes back to nz I am sure ETNZ will take this disaster into consideration when issuing broadcasting rights in NZ.

Thank you for your time

Your's a hopelessly passionate sailor

Russell

I am most impressed by the eloquent use of the English language and the excellent spelling and grammar.

I just hope you spared the nice lady your by-line

"Procrastination is like masturbation. First it feels good but in the end you're only screwing yourself"

Is it just me or can anyone else not handle the once-every-second camera/shot changes on the AC coverage on One??? It's doing my head in! :thumbdown:
No, you aren't alone. The producer must have been on to his/her 227th cup of coffee come editing time.

Turn the sound off and crank up the stereo. The commentator must have been matching the producer cup for cup.

The latest reply.

Hi there

We were very interested to read your comments about this. Thanks for giving us this feedback. I have passed on your comments to the producers.

Kind regards

Christine Wilton

Communications

Sounds very much to me that the right hand got no idea what the left hand is doing. AAAAAAAHHHHH sigggghhhhh! :problem:

Interesting that they are replying to some people but not others. My complaint has not received a response.

My complaint:

This link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k30jBWxUspE#ws used to work. And I was REALLY enjoying the revolutionary uninterrupted by advertising feeds of live, exciting yachting from on board.

It no longer works, and it seems that my taxpayer funded (that's funded by ME) national broadcaster, TVNZ is to blame.

I am a keen yatchsman, and since the ACWS coverage started in Cascais, and more lately in Plymouth, my sailing mates have been ABUZZ with the coverage. We have learnt SO MUCH watching the best in the world in a way we never could before.

Why are you blocking these feeds? I can't get them through your website. I can watch highlights, and daily America's Cup uncovered episodes... but that's not the same as the unedited 2 hours of streaming coverage that I used to enjoy live and then be able to go back to watch later.

Why are you doing this? It's madness. Are you really that out of touch with the world in 2011 that you think you can actually stop people watching it anyway? All you are doing is creating a massive amount of bad will. You are completely killing the TVNZ brand in the NZ yachting community. That's a brand that to your credit has historically been very very strong. Your coverage of America's Cups and other yachting has been so good. I have been a real fan of TVNZ because of it.

However, now... well if you carried all of the yachting live and on demand now I think I'd say screw you TVNZ, and I'd go to the internet and watch it there instead.

The world is changing TVNZ. You just guaranteed I will not see any advertising on TVNZ during world yachting events... I will try really hard from now on to boycott your coverage and will fight your blockade, simply on principle. Whereas before you took this course of action I would have happily watched on TVNZ, at times.

Well played.

You muppets.

:lol: As much as I totally agree with you KB, TVNZ's lack of response to your complaint probably has something to do with being told "screw you TVNZ" and "Well played, you Muppets" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

But don't let that stop you!............. :D

Question for the computer savvy out there.... How do I watch the Americas cup from the tvnz on-demand website on my iPad.... It used to be really easy on YouTube.... Now it does not show up at all... Do I need to dust off my old laptop?

Your help would be most appreciated

Mark

Question for the computer savvy out there.... How do I watch the Americas cup from the tvnz on-demand website on my iPad.... It used to be really easy on YouTube.... Now it does not show up at all... Do I need to dust off my old laptop?

Mark

First step. Sell the Ipad and by a samsung. That should solve all of your problems :thumbup:

Other wise I know nothing about tablets so im off little help :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mark

I just downloaded an app called photon. It is another web browser that supports flash player. It also let's you surf anonymously by default. This means you can view the Americas cup full replays again on you tube.

Now for the funny part. You can't view the TVNZ on demand footage of the Americas cup because you are blocked for browsing anonimisly...what a bugger

ETNZ facebook page:

Emirates Team New Zealand wrote "Hi guys, we are on our way home to NZ now and we will be talking with TVNZ when we get there to find a solution!"

Mark

First step. Sell the Ipad and by a samsung. That should solve all of your problems :thumbup:

That's about right, Apple in their wisdom don't support flash player, the version of you tube they use is a cut down non flash version throw it in the bin.

Thanks for the update Squid, as i am still pissed off that I cant watch the full replays of day 6 match racing, and for reasons I don't understand I have not been successful with Hide my big fat ass (thanks Murky) on Youtube either. It may be something simple, but it has eluded me. And none of this would have happened if T F'ing V NZ had pulled their heads out of their arses and let us watch it - it's still bloody blocked!

Mark

That's about right, Apple in their wisdom don't support flash player, the version of you tube they use is a cut down non flash version throw it in the bin.

How is H264 - the alternative non-flash codec used by YouTube when Flash isn't available (or the user sets their browser to use it) - a cut down version? It's higher quality, uses less CPU, and what YouTube serves their HD content in.

Flash is outdated technology, that needs a kick in the pants, or a kick out the door.

Archived