Replacement wet exhaust muffler wanted. NZ made

rossd

Has anyone got one of these NZ made mufflers sitting in the back of the shed waiting to be put to use! As can be seen the top spigot has got a bit hot and partially burnt away and is a bit dodgy to fit a hose to! To replace with the same would save a bit of hassle to fit. No brand on it and I suspect stopped being made probably 30 years ago! By the way I ordered some wet hose without asking the price and was rather stunned on picking it up- $70.00 a metre. $200 all up.

wet muffler 2.JPG

They are still made and still available at most chandleries. I am sure I saw some at either Burnsco or Sailors corner the other day. The only two I have been into of late, so it is one of them.

Yep the hose is expensive all right, but it is not a simple hose to make and there is simply nothing better for the purpose.

If you want a fright for a piece of plastic muffler, ask what the Vetus one costs. :shock:

Thanks for replies. Live in Raglan and dont get to Auck shops much. Good to know still made why they dont have a brand on them i dont know. My one has 43/44 mm spigots as I know there is a smaller one.

Archived