ATOM ANT FOR SALE

She's a 30 year old shitter isn't she?? Well .... according to one yacht designer anyway. :lol: (s'alright guys ... its an inside joke)

A 23 year old shitter thank you very much Grinna! :lol:

And to answer your questions, when racing in the same race, yes the Ant is faster than an 88, and KM will remember in the last 2 races when he beat me, once he came from so far behind he couldn't see me, but I sailed into a hole with no wind and he sailed right round me (good skills there KM it killed me to watch you do that) and the last time we raced together it was neck & neck for an entire 30 odd miles in very light winds which is not the Ants strongest point but a poor sail choice by me let him get past me around 500 metres from the finish - only for us to have the Bump uncloak right in front of both of us. That was the round Rangi in any direction race.

Both a 930 & an 88 will be quicker in winds under 5 knots, similar in 5 - 10 and after that it's adieu from the Ant. I'm absolutely crap in under 5 which doesn't help as I get impatient and bored and ...

After 15 knots then they don't see which way I went...

sh!t hot then. im alright in light. sail a 727 past 88s, 9.2s, S34s. never tooken on a 930 in the light. and thats the super light. i.e you sail on the hot air rising off the decks.

sounds like what it needs is a mast head on the wind code 0

Well AA, you know, what with that stirring from MummyShip and all, of course I had to take a quick nosy into the trusty RaceTrack database to see if there were any little morsels of stirring there. It's expected of me, a duty, I'd likely be bannished from the site if I didn't do such things.

Even then, perhaps I could resist, but 3 all and a chance to stir two people in one observation, and better, they couldn't respond without running down each other in the process. It's sort of a perfect storm of stirring, "win win win" in management speak, people devise and sell whole courses on creating and exploiting this sort of situation, I was honourbound, God himself would not forgive me if I let such a thing go by.

MarkM now I could be getting confused in my old age but what have I ever done to you? Have you not even got one nice thing to say about my boat?

As for this, well I thought it obvious. You've declared your intent to go over to the darkside if you sell the Ant. If you don't sell, one less multi out there. As a friend I must protect you, even from yourself.

Then also from this, surely you recognise I hold the Ant in higher esteem than any mere multi and want you to keep her? Surely this is saying something good?

Even Ignoring all that, keeping the darkside one multi less dark is a duty to sailing, probably all humanity, they give medals out for less.

I'd reluctantly have to agree with AA. The times I've beaten him were more due to me being smarter or on one occasion him being just plain gullible and falling into a pre-planned KM cunning trap, than having better boat speed.

But that could change soon, it'll be interesting to see I think. In a blow I doubt even after the tweak I'd hang in there with AA. A case of a nice grunty keel against some old primordial short shitter of a triangle. My biggest gains will be in the sub 15kt wind range, especially the 3 to 8 where we just get hammered by any boat with a real headsail.

I did love that round Rangi race rock hopping neck n neck against AA though, that was a massive fun one............ until Team Bump materialised out of no where 100mts from the finish line. They should paint that boat Blue and change it's name to 'Tardis'.

We used to sail around that tri when it was moored at Tanners. Had a good look at her. She would have been a real beauty in her day. But as the guy says in his comment under questions - she needs a lot of work.

A lot. Last I saw her she looked like one of the ama's were in need of complete replacement. And that was 3 years ago . . .

M

Limbs was a neat little tri. The builder was a professional boatbuilder and ex World class dinghy sailor. So it was built right and built light.

It is a far better coastal boat than the old style Farriers Trailer tris

Limbs was a neat little tri. The builder was a professional boatbuilder and ex World class dinghy sailor. So it was built right and built light.

It is a far better coastal boat than the old style Farriers Trailer tris

And if you have to fix the ama's - just replace with with nice plumb bows.

The price is right Ant!

M

Archived