2011 Round White Island

Cameron

would like to see who else is actually entered.

I know of 6 boats.

We are on the fence at this stage but I have everything ready to go.

We will be sailing with 4 as per coastal.

be nice if a few more turned up. Most of the entries are possiblt 2 handed.

will rayc put up an entry list to get everyone keen? Or are entries real light?

Smart move changing the regs.

No reason why any boat that did the coastal cant sail now.

Come on people might be a good 100mile send in it for ya. (no promises)

No reason why any boat that did the coastal cant sail now

3.4 At least 30% of the crew members including the skipper shall have a current certificate from an approved Yachting New Zealand or ISAF Advanced Sea Survival Course.

We might have been interested in taking the River Rebel out for a long run but we can't satisfy this requirement before the start.

Gday River Rebel.... might pay to get some of yer crew to step up and do the ASS... then its in the bank and is ticked off the bucket list.

Thank your crew for the snaps too... awesome shots... some of my crew enjoyed the rumbos up at Russell too

Looks like my sea survival cert expired earlier this year.... so oracle might not be going....

is there a cheap refresher... this was discussed before....

alternatively ....if i go 2 handed ....and nominate my crew that has a current cert as skipper.... do i stilll need a vert...as 50% of the crew then has a cert....?

Looks like my sea survival cert expired earlier this year.... so oracle might not be going....

is there a cheap refresher... this was discussed before....

alternatively ....if i go 2 handed ....and nominate my crew that has a current cert as skipper.... do i stilll need a vert...as 50% of the crew then has a cert....?

Sounds like you have it sorted Glen

As for cheap that don't go with marine but RAYC do a 1 day refresher thats cheaper

Oracle and river rebel it may be worth asking the question to rayc is a safety at sea cert really neccesary now given all the other changes?

They may well take a look at it especially if it gets 2 more good boats involved.

I mean at 200 miles we would look to sprint race and probably have a couple hours nap on the wind if we get a chance.

Unless its light it wont be a marathon and certainly isn't really offshore around the gulf.

mean southerly would be nice.

Why don't people ask Akarana by emailing or ringing them, or submitting feedback on their website rather than moaing in this forum and hoping Akarana read it?

Guest mental outlook

It's a thread on their race, that they have been reading.

We are asking for an entry list, hardly consider that moaning, or maybe in your world it is. :roll:

A few weeks ago pre coastal I did ask about phones and course behind the scenes and guess what they did change with no fuss. (these were things that affected our preparation)

I have no issue with saftey at sea (as I always have mine up to date)but it is a bit silly now as the course is no different than a coastal etc. Be nice if we can get 20 boats out to race and to know who we are racing. ( how else can we lay on the bets)

Also if you dont put it out there only the 1 or 2 people even know about it.

I agree moaning in public is no good. I hope it doesn't come across that way.

and they are always watching just not commenting

Communique often is on top of all sorts of info incl RAYC stuff, but could well be away since his last post was Sept 19th, 6+weeks ago.

Most probably lazing in the sun, with only enough strength to raise a cold glass or two, (Lucky bugger :thumbup: )

Anyone short on crew??

Could also just be rail-bait and a photographer/videographer! I have an awesome underwater camera with a wide angle lens that gets awesome shots on board wet boats!

PM me

Cheers

Why don't Akarana have an entry list up???? It is 2011 after all.

Surely someone from there is watching this thread.

Hey,

Have been watching but there are actually two threads going about this race. Just noticed that (I'm new to crew.org).

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=17937&start=10

Changes and stuff have been posted there including the entry list link. Entry list link is also on the RAYC website (has been since I started 2 weeks ago - know it would be better to have it up earlier, but simple things like that will now happen at RAYC)

Just about to update the entry list. There are now 15.

Archived