Lookin for a job

I cant find in the threads the type of work your looking for? and is it just work experience over holidays?

Paid work is the goal and I dont really mind what it is. I study social work so a job in that area would be great, However the last 5 weeks has been very full on so I dont mind doing doing boring repetitive work like stacking shelfs and so on. If I cant find paid work I have enough money to sustain do some work experience so I can actually get back into the habit of working a 40 hour week again.

I have worked in retail and wholesale before as well as being a sound tech for 6+ odd years so i no my around gagets, electronics, security systems and computers. Im continually working on my paper work skills :) but im not the best with a hammer.

Have you approached temping agencies? I got all my work while at uni by temping. Once you get a foot in the door and do a good job, they'll keep asking you back for more contracts. And generally you get paid far more for sitting in a cosy office pushing buttons that you do standing behind a bar or stacking shelves. I also got a couple of permanent job offers out of temp roles.

BB is correct - get into the likes of AWF or similar who alwys look for reliable crew over summer when busy.

Likewise the company I work is always on the hunt for casual staff - yes I am Wgtn but our Auckland branch is in Neilson St Onehunga. Example - weekend just gone we had nearly 100 casuals do between 21 and 36 hours over the weekend alone. 99% outdoors with some lifting and plenty of slow time watching the world go by as well doing traffic control work.

If interested pm me and I will give you all the info on who to talk to.

I can vouch for Student Job Search. Used it quite a few times and got some really good, well paying jobs.

Best one was moving office furniture for an advertising place that did advertising for a brewery. Work was supposed to take half a day, ended up taking a week. $20 cash an hour and a box of beer every night because it was taking longer than they thought. Ideal.

At this time of year the jobs go really fast, so keep an eye on the website and act fast. The best paying ones are those were the person employing isn't paying out of their own pocket. e.g. the office manager needs some strong lads to lift stuff, andthe company is paying, rather than someone wanting to clear weeds in their garden, where the person is paying out of their own pocket.

I can vouch for Student Job Search. Used it quite a few times and got some really good, well paying jobs.

Best one was moving office furniture for an advertising place that did advertising for a brewery. Work was supposed to take half a day, ended up taking a week. $20 cash an hour and a box of beer every night because it was taking longer than they thought. Ideal.

At this time of year the jobs go really fast, so keep an eye on the website and act fast. The best paying ones are those were the person employing isn't paying out of their own pocket. e.g. the office manager needs some strong lads to lift stuff, andthe company is paying, rather than someone wanting to clear weeds in their garden, where the person is paying out of their own pocket.

havnt had the best luck with SJS in the past. I keep trying them, but nothing seems to arise from it unless im a great sales men or good with english.

Archived