Cost of lift out and hardstand for a 40 footer..

1 hour ago, Chewing Gum said:

Pretty annoying all of that and one of the reasons we have sold our boat after 18 years, the costs keep going up and up with little justification. A real shame what these leeches are doing to destroy a great Kiwi tradition.

At least you got in and out of the Kaipara and around NZ before the "official" mission creep got stuck in. Good memories i'm sure.

4 hours ago, chariot said:

You could try Panmure Yacht & boating club. They used to haul non members but you go to the back of the queue and get hauled when no members waiting. Good facilities. Don't know where you are moored but PYBC would be worth joining for the facilities. Have a good racing programe as well.

emailed them 48 hours ago.  Awaiting a reply...

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Steve Pope said:

At least you got in and out of the Kaipara and around NZ before the "official" mission creep got stuck in. Good memories i'm sure.

Yes absolutely Steve, great memories and did another month long cruise in the Kaipara last year which we really enjoyed. Costs of boat ownership weren't the major reason for for selling, it was more reducing use made it hard to justify. All the same the way we are sucked dry these days is pretty annoying and not just in the boating game.

I recently got some scuba gear so I can maintain the boat down below any time I want. But we already have copper coat on. We also have grids we can use, and cost effective haul out at the club, although it is a time consuming process.

8 hours ago, marinheiro said:

others that come to mind

Commercial - Half Moon bay and Pine Harbour

Surprised you cannot come out at Brooklands, I think there is another slipway further up the Wairoa but do not know draft

Shelly Beach BC - members only, maybe join for the long term

BBYC - not sure if members only?

Is the slip beside the old Panmure bridge still functioning? Not sure with the highway expansion

Bridge marine and slip is all closed.Do not know who operates slip but theres still some activity.

On 10/11/2020 at 3:21 AM, Steve Pope said:

Grid use appear to be banned around NZ except for a very light rub with a sponge, Whatever is attached to the hull must be removed and captured to a sludge tank.

I wonder if any of the folk proposing and enforcing this sort of official behaviour have ever watched a mussel harvester in action, the amount of mud, marine debris, fan worms (perhaps) etc. etc. that are gushing off the harvester back into the sea are exactly the same as could be hanging off the bottom of any yacht on the grid, With perhaps a smidgen of antifoul that might be removed in the cleaning process. Given that the dumbed down properties of antifoul available today is the reason you are on the grid in the first place, would generally have bugger all effect on the flora and fauna no matter where the grid is. 

The sludge tank you refer to is to contain the toxins heavy metals and biocides that leach and wash out of the  paint system used, the sludge tank is not to contain the natural organics that you see around mussel harvesters and growing in the bottom of your boat.

On 10/11/2020 at 3:21 AM, Steve Pope said: