Missing catamaran - keep a lookout please

A freind of mine has asked me to put this up here so you can help find his cat which was removed from its Tamaki River mooring on Saturday 10th April at approx 11.30am and was seen heading north or possibly west, up the harbour.

He did say it was part of a matrimonial settlement that has not gone well and the ex may or may not be involved in its removal.

He said entry would definitely have been forced and then possibly hot wired to get motors going.

People on board also didn't appear to know a lot about sailing as they were seen trying to remove the sail cover which doesn't happen because of the lazy jack system.

His concern initially is for the boats safety and whereabouts. It could be cruising the gulf or hiding out somewhere but neither he nor his ex-wife are aboard and any body else is to be considered trespassing.

Its a Ron Given cat called Cabernet as pictured sail No 7404

If you see this boat call Alan Vickers 021 051 3040

He has contacted the police and harbour master.

P1090003.JPG

PB290031.JPG

From Herald Is wharf you can just see a cat up by greenhithe that has the given look about it, you could easily see it from salthouse's if anyones out that way.

The owner has happily been reunited with Cabernet thanks to Crew.org's help and its going to stay on its mooring where it is now until other things are resolved.

Nice job guys. Auckland is just too small..

Yes folks after it was found by Crew forumites up near Hearald Island earlier in the year Cabernet is missing again, but this time the owner is unsure exactly when it was taken from the Greenhite area.

It has been moved without permission and it is suspected the owners ex is up to no good with it so please keep you eyes out for Cabernet, its a Ron Given cat as pictured sail No 7404

If you see this boat call Alan Vickers 021 051 3040 or (09) 5333790

Guest Dry Reach
Yes folks after it was found by Crew forumites up near Hearald Island earlier in the year Cabernet is missing again, but this time the owner is unsure exactly when it was taken from the Greenhite area.

It has been moved without permission and it is suspected the owners ex is up to no good with it so please keep you eyes out for Cabernet, its a Ron Given cat as pictured sail No 7404

If you see this boat call Alan Vickers 021 051 3040 or (09) 5333790

sounds like a nice peice of works this "ex" whatever!

Find that boat!

Guest Dry Reach
Ahhhhhhh..........tits tyres or tillers.................gonna be trouble somewhere, keeping eyes open for this

.... enter stage right......

.... Biminibabe! :sailor: :twisted:

DR I make a point never to get involved in a marital dispute - there are no winners. Except maybe the bird with the free cat!!! :lol: :silent:

Seriously though, I feel for ya man. (No, not you DR, the guy with the missing cat.) My ma just had a similar thing happen to her. She and the Mr parted, he was gonna buy her out and then... OH! The boat has disappeared. WTF??? My only adviceould be to invest in some beefed up security. What are those tracking devices worth? The ones that text your cellphone if your boat moves? A lot, I guess.