Missing catamaran - keep a lookout please

Just look at the stats on Smartphones, they know where, what and how you're living.

PS: AC, I love Blog 3 but still working on what those signs mean. Knot ready to ask just yet :)

26005222 ?

well the only question I have is... If a Boatless Multihull Sailor wanted to buy this. Who the hell owns it and can it be kept on a mooring or is it part of the Herrishufling games.

This assuming the rot has not got the lot.

hi since i am a bit interested in buying cabernet and there seems to be a bit of a dodgy history with the boat and few straight forward answers to questions on trademe i was wondering if any of you guys could fill us me in a bit particularly regarding rot in the boat or lack of it certainly the price is attractive if shes mostly sound i am not that worried about ownership colourful story that it is.cheers billsaltjr

i sold cabernet in 2007 i think to the sellers husband, some of the framing I think may be kahikatea and susceptible to rot from any freshwater leaks, everything is fixable tho with timber and epoxy and it was a good little boat comfy and sailed well and without much fuss, its worth repairing.

hi since i am a bit interested in buying cabernet and there seems to be a bit of a dodgy history with the boat and few straight forward answers to questions on trademe i was wondering if any of you guys could fill us me in a bit particularly regarding rot in the boat or lack of it certainly the price is attractive if shes mostly sound i am not that worried about ownership colourful story that it is.cheers billsaltjr

Have you seen the survey report mentioned in the ad?

After looking at that photo I would not accept a survey from the vendor. It's like buying a leaky house and accepting a builders report produced by the vendor (hey, my brother's a builder, he knows- yeah right).

If you are serious have an independant survey by a surveyor you choose and trust.

After looking at that photo I would not accept a survey from the vendor. It's like buying a leaky house and accepting a builders report produced by the vendor (hey, my brother's a builder, he knows- yeah right).

If you are serious have an independant survey by a surveyor you choose and trust.

It certainly is good to be sceptical of any claims in these situations, particularly when there has been a bunch of commentary that may not be favourable. However it is important to evaluate all info and not just be guided by hearsay that may or not be based on fact. No one seems to be suggesting this boat does not need work - the question is how much.

Hi Guys I am the ex and willing to share what I know , it is a great boat and worthy of repair am happy to talk to any prospective buyer. Basically it was my boat but under our nz matrimonial law handing out the change of ownership was the quickest way out for me.And less messy I would have done the job and when I last had it , it was dry and ready for working on. However it was removed from my care.

I would love to see it go to someone who will return it to its former glory Alan 021 051 3040