sharks....

There was a tiny shark at orakei last night having a feed. Im with Km on sharks behaviour. If they wanted to eat you, then no one would swim in Auckland, but because they dont want to eat us you never hear of shark attacks.

I've only seen one Shark in the Waitemata, about Northern Leading we were, it was a hammer head about 1.5-2m long, flipped around and visited us, poked it's eye out of the water, looked us over for about 3-4 sec then flipped around and was gone.

Earlier that morning while anchored in Issy bay, my guest from czech republic was taking her first swim in NZ waters and asked as she swam about if she should be worried about sharks. In Kiwi style I reassured here that "Nah, you'll be right. I haven't seen a shark here abouts for years." Truthfully, I was just enjoying the bikini show...

She did look at me sideways after our little visitation though...

You can tell I'm one of 'they don't want us' brigade and I do honestly believe that. However you obviously wouldn't tempt fate by messing with rarked up animals or , as that fishing show on Great whites demonstrated a few years ago , adolescent sharks, which are unpredictable and aggressive. How you identify them I'm danged if I know.

I've just reading Boating NZ and the guys experiences at barrier where he believes he was interacting with Tigers.

don't like them.

Archived