GOR

Only photos I have are of it tied up.

The French boat is looking likely to be in about 0400, another night of broken sleep and an early start with a finish in the dark again unfortunately.

Will keep everyone updated as things progress.

Sort of, part of the events committee here at Port Nic and stopover hosts for the boats. Plus just keen to help out the short handed community. And my partner Herdy is Vice Commodore at Port Nic and would love to do the race himself one day.

Thank you for all the updates!! Great work :thumbup:

Marco Nannini posted a plea for help on his blog with some sailmaking tasks while in Wellington... here is a link to the full story.

Maybe one/some of you can help him?

I have no personal axe to grind here... simply that I think anyone who personally takes on such an endeavour deserves all the help they can get!!

:D

Rats!! didn't mean to kill the thread!!

Hope I didn't and that the lack of comment is just due to folks being busy and things happening! Would be great to get some pics of the final boat(s) coming in if they are available and some insightful comment (as opposed to the blurb on the official race site!!).

Hopefully I will get out on the finish boat for the South Africans to finish and get some photos, instead of being onshore.

Marco needs crew, sailmaking help and any financial contributions would also be welcomed. Not sure that I would be happy going round the world on a shoe string budget, but he is doing remarkably well so lets do everything we can here in NZ to keep him going.

Just to clarify our involvement, the Events Team at Wellington City Council are the official hosts for the stopover here and Royal Port Nicholson Yacht Club help them out with the technical on the water stuff - finishes and the re-start mostly. Which we do with the help of many great volunteers from the club!

Phesheya-Racing is off Kahurangi Point on the West Coast. They are about 24 hours away currently, but this could change depending on when the get around Farewell Spit. Once around the Spit they should speed up. There is a gale warning for Cook Straight tonight, and easing tomorrow.

Phesheya-Racing is now past Stevens Island and entering Cook Strait. ETA at the finish 03:00 5/01/2012. Gale Warning with a 35-40 knot N - NW forecast. They could have a quick ride through the Strait, but a horrible beat up the harbour.

Archived