Westy Express - wasn't someone here interested in this one?

Murky

Was sussing her close 2 weeks back. Still looks sound under the Naru like topcoat and does jump around a fair bit which suggests she's light and knot full of crap.

Buy her and get a bonus pile of fertilizer for the wife to do the gardens, seeing you'll be busy on the boat :lol: :lol:

It will go for bugger all I would expect. As I understand it the HMO don't have any specific rules stating how much and probably just want it off their mooring and out of what hair they have left. I also understand it that they will have taken all steps to sort out the current owner so you wouldn't be expecting someone to knock on the door and want their boat back. If it doesn't go she will be chopped up and dumped I would think, which does seem a waste of what could be a cool vessel for someone.

J Harken....... Do we have a project boat for you :lol: :lol:

yea that was me, thanks for the pointer.

Was thinking about giving her to the boys for a winter project.summer sport boat, but I don't knwo I'd pay much more than the cost of a flat-bed to get her home! :wink:

I'll go look at the auction.

SHANE

I 'll tell ya what!

I was in contact with the harbour master maybe as much as two years ago, back then they didn't know who owned it and said it was going to be listed.

Since then, if the pictures are anything to go by, it has deteriorated quite badly which is a real pity as it would have been a great project.

SHANE

haha i reckon that auction has just got to comlpy with the trade me regs. :crazy: "No correspondance will be entered into through trade-me"? If ya gonna make rules, ya should follow rules that are made :thumbdown:

I don't believe it's an official design.

My understanding (I think someone here knows) is that it was build by a trainee boat builder with the nickname "Westie".

He subsequently has gone AWOL and left the boat on a mooring up by Herald Island where the harbour master claimed it.

SHANE

From the old forum

Rusty Ruler

I Think it was built by Nick Beadle from Mc Mullen and Wing then Westy brought it. He had it at sensations for a while with a tornado rig to go in it .But the fork lift took care of it.then it just sat up at herald island on the mooring . Westy was up north some were last I heard. His son goes to school with my cousin. Its been on the mooring for so long it could be anybodys.

Wow. No-one could accuse them of moving on these things while there is still a slight chance of them being used/usable/holding a great deal of value.

I think the thrust it just to save the ratepayers of Akl dumping costs.

Yes that does raise the question - if the HMO is actually trying to save ratepayer coin, will they be allowed to exist under the Supershitty or could they possibly be aliens.

Wow. No-one could accuse them of moving on these things while there is still a slight chance of them being used/usable/holding a great deal of value.

Thats a good point. I can see some potential in the leaner - if you like that sort of thing and need a challenge, but that launch? Begs the question, Do these things just end up owned by some other dreamer and living on a different mooring deteriorating more?

Archived