Costa Concordia

This is supposedly a close up of the track. If it is true then he should not be spending much out from behind bars for a very long time. To take a ship that big through that gap in daylight would be fool hardy. At night is just plain criminal

post-5952-14188719468.jpg

don't think that the right one, seen a video of the ais track that clipped the rock on outside not ib the channel, will try and post it if i can.

Makes interesting viewing in so far as the track after the collision, looks like he may have just used thrusters to get back to the beach where it ended up as there was lots of spinning and sideways movement, but very little ahead/astern.

According the AIS he was doing 0.7kt sideways on arrival at the final resting place.

Guest Crafty 1

Makes interesting viewing in so far as the track after the collision, looks like he may have just used thrusters to get back to the beach where it ended up as there was lots of spinning and sideways movement, but very little ahead/astern.

According the AIS he was doing 0.7kt sideways on arrival at the final resting place.

... Which is exactly what the captain said he did (last week) to avoid sinking in deeper water. And also to avoid dragging over the rocks and further damaging the vessel.

a bit different to driving harbour board tinnies. :wink:

They had to come :clap: :crazy: :clap:

# How do they serve alcoholic drinks on Italian cruise ships? - On the rocks

# What vegetables do you get with dinner on Italian cruise ships? - Leeks

# What's the fastest way to get off an Italian cruise ship? - Follow the captain

# When the captain of the ill fated Costa Concordia was asked if he knew where he was going he replied "off course."

# So the captain of the Costa Concordia will soon be in the dock. That's more than can be said for his ship.

# I like my women how I like my Italian Cruises. Wet, wrecked and ready to go down.

# The Costa Concordia is probably the most expensive thing to go down in Italy since Berlusconi's last hooker.

# What's the difference between the Italian economy and the stricken cruise liner Costa Concordia?

Nothing - The bottoms dropped out of both.

George Michael has come out in sympathy with the Concordia captain.

He's reported to have said - "I'm often left abandoned and lying on my side with a badly damaged bottom and dead seamen inside me after a nights cruising"

Yucky :sick:

So the Costa Deliziosa is berthed at town today, flying a Euro (not Italian flag). I'm guessing she might be a sister ship of Concordia? In which case anyone willing to help them avoid Bean Rock and North Head as they leave tonight? For your efforts there might a Moldovian waitress ready to thank you...

4323421988_cde0b22f91.jpg

So the Costa Deliziosa is berthed at town today, flying a Euro (not Italian flag). I'm guessing she might be a sister ship of Concordia? In which case anyone willing to help them avoid Bean Rock and North Head as they leave tonight? For your efforts there might a Moldovian waitress ready to thank you...

4323421988_cde0b22f91.jpg

Top Class AC! :thumbup: :lol:

Girlfriend - "Can I drive?"

Italian Stallion - "No. I'm fine"

Girlfriend - "Oh, please let me. I really want to!"

Italian Stallion - "No"

Girlfriend - "I tell you what, if you let me drive, just for a bit, I'll give you a blowjob"

Italian Stallion - "Really?"

Girlfriend - "Yes I Promise"

Italian Stallion - "Oh go on then"

And that, your honour, is the final entry from the black box on the cruise ship Costa Concordia.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2013/07/20 ... shipwreck/

An Italian court on Saturday convicted five employees of an Italian cruise company for the Costa Concordia shipwreck that killed 32 crew and passengers after it accepted their plea bargains.

The longest sentence went to the crisis coordinator for Costa Crociere SpA, the cruise company, who was sentenced to two years and 10 months. Concordia's hotel director was sentenced to two years and six months while two bridge officers and a helmsman got sentences ranging from one year and eight months to one year and 11 months.

The plea bargains were handled separately from the trial of Costa Concordia Capt. Francesco Schettino, who is charged with manslaughter for causing the January 2012 shipwreck off the Tuscan island of Giglio and abandoning the vessel with thousands aboard. That trial opened this week.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2013/07/20 ... z2Zed4dvvr

The doomed Costa Concordia was carrying a huge shipment of Mafia-owned cocaine when it set off on its final voyage, investigators have said.

'Ndrangheta (, the feared Calabrian crime syndicate, had its drugs hidden aboard the huge cruise ship that partially capsized in January 2012 with the loss of 32 lives, phone and tape recordings of gang members have revealed.

"The same ship that made us a laughing stock around the world, took the piss out of us, too," 'Ndrangheta boss Michele Rossi is heard saying to an associate, Massimo Tiralongo, according to police officers investigating the organisation's vast cocaine-trafficking operation.

In addition to vessels operated by Costa Cruises, 'Ndrangheta also placed its drugs on ships owned by MSC and Norwegian Cruise Lines, which travel between Europe, North America and the Caribbean, according to details of the criminal investigation revealed in La Repubblica.

Officers from the organised crime investigation group in Florence say that the drugs on the Concordia, which have not been found, were stowed aboard without the knowledge of senior officers or senior company officials, but almost certainly with the complicity of one or more crew members.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/news/article.cfm?c_id=2&objectid=11425762